Summer project almost finished.

Daplumma

Spent the morning ripping around town on this little number.Art and I bought a vintage cafe racer and returned her to the street.The previous owner had built this bike after he crashed his old one.He took it out once and lost his nerve.This motor has more horsepower than my Harley has!Its a 1978 SR 500 thunper.Lots of guts and a very sweet exhaust note.We had to install all the wiring and switches to run lights,horn and brake lights as well as a battery.

Here is the before shot.

100_1589-1.jpg

Here are some after shots.Still need a mirror and chain cover as well as some graphics after the paint is set up.

100_1599.jpg

100_1604.jpg

100_1598.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1600_00.jpg

100_1603_00.jpg

Joe

Cliff the horsepower to weight ratio is 1:7 roughly it is a blast to ride and with the high performance brakes and other additions it can be reeled in as fast as it accelerates. We spent a lot of time and money to bring this classic back to road life for all to see and enjoy. You are correct though you can be as safe as you can be but its the other person driving that can get you. :thumbsup_anim:

Art

Joey'I think you may have a more than a little biker in you.I will say that there has been both rocking chairs and a banjo on that porch.You should see the front room right now,2 drum sets and 2 guitars,the banjo went home earlier today.

Joe

Sweet, when can I go for a ride :D

Nice work guys, really....

Maureen

Do you still have your bike license Rene ?

I'd rather hitch up a trotter to the old harness racing bike on the lawn...thumbsup_anim.gif