What kind of Landing Net do you use? (pics)

98Fahrenheit

Just curious as to what landing nets do you guys use?

I have a collapsable net (2 Sections)

Material: Green Ethene Mesh*

Length in cm (full extended): 180

Dimensions in cm (LxWxH): 60x60x60

*ETHENE used is for DEEP SEA FISHING. WILL NEVER BREAK. EXTREMELY DURABLE. Way STRONGER than RUBBER!

Folded:

IMG_0098.jpg

Fully Extended:

IMG_0103.jpg

Deep Pocket:

IMG_0100.jpg

Edited by 98Fahrenheit

Didn't have any issues with that rubber telescopic plucking your fish at BOQ though did yah Dano??

And Whopper ... :lol: ...and it would also be great if your "swinging" fish actually made it to the boat! LOL

98F...I use a rubber telescopic for the medium stuff (bass/pickeral)

netchop5.jpg

and I have a BIG stowmaster folding net that needs to be slimed this season. Pike I generally hand land.

Edited by irishfield

Didn't have any issues with that rubber telescopic plucking your fish at BOQ though did yah Dano??

No, but that wasnt my boat or my usual way to fish Wayne, and I'm not usually fishing in 100km winds and 4 foot waves.

You saying you didn't want to lean over the side in that Dano.... :dunno:

98F...any issues with that net collapsing on you...since the hoop doesn't go all the way around. Looks like a fork with the net just stretched across.

Edited by irishfield

i use a bass pro shops net,it has a large diameter with a telescopic handle,and has rubberized coating that prevents hooks from being caught in the mesh...its a great net and works well for salmon too,and it only cost about $45 bucks...thats a great price for the quality and its netted lots of salmon and has stood up to the abuse ...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Only reason I can think of is if the Mrs and I had a little accident :lol:

Whopper

I use rubber myself it keeps me from having a little baby end up in a cradle. :whistling::lol:

Yes like Wayne I prefer the extendable rubber net,no more tangles more time fishing and much more gentle for releasing fish.

Whopper :lol::lol::lol:

I usually land them by hand but if it's unsafe (pun intended) I use a 3804 26"x30" Tru-Trax Landing Net.

For muskies I now use the 8465 28"x50" PowerCatch Kwik Kradle.

All Frabill.

Guest Trophymuskie

You know what they say about men and their toys. I use a Frabill Big Kahuna, it large wide and deep. It's basically used as a pen to hold fish while unhooking.