What's Your Preferred Mono Line?

Golfisher

We've had long threads on braided line and fluoro, and so we might as well complete the circle by talking about mono. Before I went PP, Trilene Sensation used to be my choice of mono line. Not sure why though; it was the first line I used, and I pretty much stuck to it as a matter of path dependence.

So, what's your favourite mono line?

Well i pretty much only use line with co-polymer,thats if im bottom bouncing becuase it will stand up to more abraison on all the rocks and zebra muscles but for spinning i like trilene or spiderwire mono...the good stuff not the canadian tire spiderwire for 10 bucks a spool....i use several different lines depending what species im fishing for and i use flouro as well p-line works too....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Maxima Ultragreen is good for my float reel, although I am going to try the Chameleon this year.

Trilene XL for light spinning reel line

P-Line is also a good choice.

Some of the new hybrid lines look interesting, but are a couple of bucks more than the regular mono. Not sure if they are worth it yet...

Tony

Trilene XL, but got a 4# spool of the MAXX that I'm loading on the ultra light. My guess is it will be great. Trilene mono is an old standby that you know you can trust.

I agree that some of the P-Line high bread mono's look interesting.

Hey Ric hows it going? good i hope, you mentioned Yo-Zuri Hybrid"12 pound test" i have been searching for it myself and ive been unlucky if you know of any place in toronto that has it let me know i would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by PatrickG