g3 boats?

ch312

when looking a threads where people have recommended different brands, nobody ever mentions yamaha g3 boats. i was checking out some used ones that are 2-3 years old and they seem like they'd be really good boats.

im looking for a 17.5-18.5 fish/ski boat and its down to a lund or g3.

how well do the g3's hold up? decent warranty? ride quality?

which would u choose and why?

I'm no expert on boats and have only ever been in aluminium tin pot style tillers on the whole.

However, my buddy has a 16.5 G3 tiller with the Yammy 40hp. Really nice boat as far as i can tell. Ive been out in it a few times.....it floats, the 40hp tiller pushes it good (and very quietly) , it is steady in rough water, roomy for 3 adults to fish comfortably. I liked it, its better than mine( except my Terrova is way better than his Powerdrive)but ive never really researched any boats and i only really have my boat to compare it too.

In my honest opinion it seems like a solid boat and rides nice.

I was looking for a new boat back in the late 90's and stopped into a G3 dealer in Oshawa. I never took one for a spin but they looked like a good boat and appeared to be well put together from what I could see.

Doesn't seem to be many guys driving them but I've read on a few sites that their an OK boat.

I've driven a number of G3 boats, and they're quite solid. Main reason you don't hear much about them is that they've only been imported into Canada in a big way in the last 8 to 10 years (compared against companies like Lund, Starcraft, Crestliner etc that have been sold in Canada for decades).

Since it is Yamaha that imports them into Canada (and owns them, plant is in the US) I expect G3 is here to stay.

Misfish - what sort of problems are you referring to?

Mercman - Chine lock? Do you mean chink walk? If so, that often indicates a set-up problem with the engine.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie