What kind of Fluorocarbon Line do you use?

98Fahrenheit

Tired the Seaguar main line last year on a spinning rig, didn't like it but I don't think it was the manufacturer, I think it was the floro in general.

Now only use floro leaders, Seaguar leader line & Maxima leader line.... Both seem to perform equally well. I seem to migrate to the Seaguar cause its like 1$ - 2$ cheaper per 27yard spool.

I use Seaguar for my fluoro leaders.

I wouldn't recommend spooling fluoro as your main line, I did that once and found the line was stiff and had a lot of memory coming off the spinning reel.

Mike

Tired the Seaguar main line last year on a spinning rig, didn't like it but I don't think it was the manufacturer, I think it was the floro in general.

Now only use floro leaders, Seaguar leader line & Maxima leader line.... Both seem to perform equally well. I seem to migrate to the Seaguar cause its like 1$ - 2$ cheaper per 27yard spool.

What do you guys mean by stiff? The line works well for me and I haven't expierenced any tangles yet. Even when I leave the spool open the line doesn't jump off. Although when I cast I do find it tough to toss because the line is so thin it sometimes just jumps out of my hand.

It is not necessary to spool your entire reel with fluorocarbon line. Only need fluoro as a leader. I currently use 130# Seaguar for musky leaders.

When I'm fly fishing or using other types of fishing gear, I use a quality mono, like Ande, Maxima, and a fluoro leader. Depending on the conditions a leader of 18-24" is sufficient for most fishing applications. # test of 6 to 12 is more than adequate.

John

For the last 5-6 years I've been using Siglon and Raven Fluorocarbons in 4-10lb for fly/float fishing. Great stuff. Used to use Seaguar a while back but the shops near my house stopped carrying it. Still using Titanium for pike fishing...Maybe one day I'll get out of the stone age and try FC in 80+lb for pike leaders.

Ive been switching through them, started with vanish and the first few batches were awesome, then it went to hell in a handbasket. Tried lots of them but now I just tied up 20 leaders of 4 and 6 pound vanish so called "improved".

Well see how it works when the tribs calm down.