FISH-A-THON FOR A CURE!

Hey Gang!!!

Busy Busy over here with projects on the go for iCast but I wanted to drop a quick thread and get the ball rolling as we're only a few weeks away from the 2011 Fish-A-Thon for a Cure! We've had an overwhelming amount of support and are always looking for more prizes and most importantly more participants to help reach our goal! As usual OFC has been an amazing help and I can't thank you all enough! I have many thanks you notes to put out on here, along with photo's of the awesome prizes that we've had donated so far from all of you!!! THANK YOU!!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: Just bare with me until this evening, and if you have stills of your prize donations PLEASE feel free to post them in order to help generate interest! If you're on the fence about participating please hop on board, I promise you'll have a great time and it's definitely for a worthy cause! Also, we're ordering custom shirts this year so I need shirts sizes and so on within the next day or so. We have approximately 60 Fish-A-Thoner's signed up and ready to rock already!

I'll let Dan and Shawn fill in anything I might forget and please feel free to leave any idea's of your own in this thread as well. Here's a short outline below - I'll fill you in with more details as I have time in the coming day!

Quick Details:

Arrive @ Lake: Whenever you can - Earlier the better or you might wait in line to launch - ($10.00 launch fee)

Give the pledge sheets to one of the Fish-A-Thon helpers who will be wearing labelled shirts

Start Time: 8 a.m. ( official start time but it's OK to start a little later )

Lunch Time: 12:30 p.m. ( Meet up to talk about what's working so we can try to put everybody on fish )

Finish Time: 4 p.m. ( Hand in your memory cards or email photos from phone )

BBQ / Bouncy Castle / Games Time: 4:30 p.m. until end of evening

Prizes / Thanks You's: 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. (time may vary depending on how long it takes to get everybody organized)

Stuff Needed:

1) Digital Camera

2) SD Memory Card

3) Fish-A-Thon Sticker ( Provided )

4) Lake Map ( Provided )

5) Fish-A-Thon T-shirt ( Provided )

6) Sunscreen

7) Fishing License

8) Boating Safety Equipment

9) Water / Drinks

10) Lunch Food - Snacks etc.

11) Rain Gear / Swim Suits ( prepared for all weather conditions )

12) Fishing Gear ( Tackle / Rods / bait etc. )

Prizes for:

1) Biggest Bass

2) Biggest Fish

3) Deer Creek Grand Slam: Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Trout ( Brown or Rainbow) Carp

4) Most Pledges

5) Draws

6) Prizes for all Kids

OK - Prize photo's and thank you's to follow, as well as a list of all of our AMAZING SPONSORS!

You can see all of our sponsors, as well as a few more details @ our website..(thanks Dan for putting it together)

www.fish-a-thon.com

Details to follow - THANKS AGAIN OFC!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Ryan the family and I are looking forward to this weekend it sounds like such a great time.

We will be donating some Egg Heads, Double 10's, Double 8's, for the ones who dont know what my Handlebarz look like here are some pics I dont have the colors done yet so these are just reference pictures.

Egg Head

af9232f5-1.jpg

Double 8

d178006f.jpg

double 10

fb3ad7bd.jpg

I SOOO wish you were closer and I could make it. I need me a Spiel rod (the FISHING KIND!) and some Handlebarz lures. sigh... Maybe next year as the kids get older and I can throw some donations in again then.

Here's a few more prize photo's guys!

$80 worth of gear thanks to Dixie Dairy Bar and Tackle in St. Thomas, ON

292d21c8.jpg

Prize Pack of gear and some fishing kits from Angling Outfitters in Woodstock, ON

ead82437.jpg

75e51f34.jpg

Great little reel donated by Free Time Sports in Woodstock, ON

5cbf2c92.jpg

Another gear prize pack donated by the TBBA

c53ab244.jpg

MORE PRIZES AND THANK YOU'S TO BE POSTED SOON!