I've been snowed by creative Angling Marketing, have you?

Harrison

Yup. I have read plenty of articles on it, however I do not recall exactly where. A couple of them were fishing magazines and actually one science magazine that jus happened to be doing an article on the subject. I would have to do some googling to find en again.

I honestly believe red hooks work better especially for smallmouth. My proof is last year while camping the fishing was really poor so I fooled around with the small fish while snorkeling. I observed the smallmouth would actually bit onto the red hook instead of the worm. :dunno:.

I honestly believe red hooks work better especially for smallmouth. My proof is last year while camping the fishing was really poor so I fooled around with the small fish while snorkeling. I observed the smallmouth would actually bit onto the red hook instead of the worm. :dunno:.

Apparently red is visible down to 12 or 14 feet or something like that. So the red would be effective in shallow water.

I only use red hooks for steelhead fishing for the simple reason I like the brand and they are red and work quite well. I think the color is irrelevant though because anyone will tell you if a trout sees your hook in any bait they are smart enough not to bite LOL....

I took my grandfather's pet rock out to get cleaned (it was rather dusty) and when I dropped it in the lake by mistake I couldn't figure out what one it was... :wallbash:

So I grabbed the pocket fisherman, tied on a b-donk-a-donk and went fishing. :rolleyes:

The Banjo minnow, flying lure,lighted flashing lure, there all good to use.

But has no one ever bought the Helicopter lures? :whistling:

No one ever mentions them.

Am I the only one who has these? :dunno:

Helicopter lure, is that for flying fish :D

well they have done scientific tests that shows the light spectrum and depth of water and what is visible

they also know what part of the light spectrum different fish see at what depth ...

Yup. I have read plenty of articles on it, however I do not recall exactly where. A couple of them were fishing magazines and actually one science magazine that jus happened to be doing an article on the subject. I would have to do some googling to find en again.

Yeah yeah I know. Light spectrums, scientific tests, articles... :blahblah1:

Unless you're actually a fish who knows what they see. It's all just speculation.

Unless you're actually a fish who knows what they see. It's all just speculation.

Confidence in a lure, hook color, technique is huge. If someone believes that they know what a fish can see, and it works for them, who's to argue?

Not really. By examining the eye structure of fish ie. rods and cones,shapes and sizes, they can compare them to other animals, including man, and know extremely accurately, how and what fish see.

That is my understanding of it as well.

in answer to the original thread, no..... but damn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, those little red price tags on the dispays at CTC are like a drug........whistling.gif can't count the stuff I bought there that is still as dry as the day it left the store.............

That is my understanding of it as well.

Also, fish are extremely sensitive to uv lite. The color red is only visible from 2-40 feet in clear water.Red may be percieved as an injured fish at these shalow depths, but red in the ultraviolte spectrum, is not red at all, but more of a grey to black color. Because of this sensitivity to UV,fish are able to detect prey or bait,more than 40 feet away, by silhouettes and reflections.

UV lite can travel up to 2500 feet under water, while visible lite is absorbed within 40 feet.

:good::good::good:

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know for an absolute fact that red can't be seen in deep water?

When that claim is made are you talking about the human eye or from a fishes perspective?

How does anyone really know what a fish sees? :D

I've always found those types of statements funny.

Fair enough, but the fishes eyes is qute similar to ours, so its only far to speculate they see what we see. I mean, its only a stupid fish, as long as its yippershhhnap locks onto ours hooks I dont think we care what it sees.