Went for a walk yesterday after work.

BillM

Decided to pack the gear into the car before work yesterday and stop at one of my fav places on the way home. Weather was awesome, no bugs in sight (sans those hatching) and only a tad bit of wind. I have been told by a good friend that if you wanna catch big fish, you gotta use big bait. The upside of this is that usually if there is a monster hanging around, he'll make the effort to smash that 5inch streamer. Downside is that you won't get any of those 10-12inch piddlers that usually is a nice break in the action. I didn't hit the river at a very good time (4pm) but I thought I'd make the most of it. One thing I've learned is that big browns don't occupy the same space as big stealhead, so you gotta learn how to read the water differently. The places I've caught nice browns, I would have never fished if I was going after steelhead. There is definitely a learning curve, even more so on pressured fish like these. It was nice to put all those tactics together and have it pay off. Not a monster by any means, but a nice fish for this system..

5834673206_df27a970db_b.jpg

5837682946_054d6091d6_b.jpg