Weekend at Bernie's part ?

Headhunter

Well, our annual spring gtg with Bernie at his cottage on Nipissing has come and gone... very quickly I might add!

Our usual crew was somewhat diminished this year, with Gerritt and FishnSled having to take a pass due to uncontrollable life circumstances, so it was me and CCMT that headed north on Friday morning.

Cliff and I had decided that we would bring our guitars and amps up to Bernie's and serenade him with yet another rousing version of "Brown Eyed Girl"! LOL Actually, Cliff and I had a number of tunes we were mutually familiar with, so after a nice dinner and a few bevies on Friday afternoon, we hit the guitars for most of the evening and it was a riot! So, after being somewhat "over served", we were up at the crack of 7:00am, somewhat eager to get out on the water for the Nip opener.

Fishing was tough and we burned a lot of gas, trying to find fish. Unfortunately, the only place we had any kind of a consistent bite was a good run from the cottage; so needless to say, we burned a lot of gas!

A few Pickereyes were caught, some pretty decent Perch were also inhabiting the Pickereye spots, which in all honesty, helped to keep us busy and interested as the Pickereyes were few and far between.

Bernie got "woken up" twice with two 30inch pike grabbing his jig... Bernie was not nearly as pleased as he would have been, had they been Pickereyes!

Although a bit more subdued than our usual trip to Bernie’s, I must say that I had a great time, too many laughs to recall and just enjoyed the beautiful county and good friends.

To Gerritt and Will, guys you were both terribly missed!

Already lookin forward to our end of summer gtg and hope that we get our regular crew back up and having a great time.

And lastly, a heart felt thanks to Bernie for inviting this motley crue to his own little piece of paradise, once again!

Cliff and Bernie have pics, so I'll let them get some up for yah!

HH

Always a good time at Bernie's. I heard the menu leaned a little the piggy side of things. :) I can eat leftovers but have a few other things on the go this weekend Bernie or I'd be there. ;) Looking forward to the fall trip and don't plan on missing that one. Mind you, I didn't plan on missing this one either but sometimes there are things that are a bit more important then fishing. There are not many of them though! :D Looking forward to seeing a few more of the pics.

I have some pictures but they take a while to download on dial up.

I'm hoping Cliff will post them.

Mike, somewhere close to Cross Point.

Brian, it would be good if you could make the trip sometime.

Well, another weekend at Bernie's has come and gone...and as HH said, things were a little different this time around, but as always, a great time was had!

Joe showed up at my house and said "We'll take my vehicle...I'm pretty sure it'll probably mostly likely hopefully maybe make it there". Hmmmm...I said "well ok then!!". After a non eventful drive up, we made it to that little island of paradise!!!

The first thing I noticed and was GREAT to see was the water levels....here's what it was last fall...

gboathouse.jpg

What a difference this spring!

10waterlevels.jpg

After a quick unpack, it was hurry up and relax time....can never tire of this view!

02relax.jpg

Joe and I jammed for hours on Friday night...anyone a drummer on the board here???

08jamming.jpg

The opener was Saturday morning...and we woke to this amazing view...

01openermorning.jpg

Ok...onto some of the fish....

Caught lots of these...

07perch.jpg

Each caught some of these...

05berniewalleye.jpg

03joewalleye.jpg

04cliffwalleye.jpg

And for some reason, the pike really loved Bernie this weekend!! LOL

06berniepike.jpg

On our last evening out there, we were treated to this great sundog in the sky...

09sundoig.jpg

On Monday morning as HH and I just pulled away from the boathouse to head home...the "probably mostly likely hopefully maybe make it" vehicle stalled as we turned a corner. He tried to restart it a few times, then looked at me. LOL. Luckily he got it started and we made it back to reality safely.

The food was great as always...some key people were definitely missed...and hope to have a full crew again in the fall. Lots of laughs and great times are pretty standard on these weekends up at Bernie's. Thanks for everything guys! See you there again in the fall!

I see Bernie really is old school !

You got that right! Before anybody jumps on his pike hold, the fish ended up in the live well and I'm sure was fine table fare.

Heck, we had to convince him to even touch the thing! Bernie is not a fan of slime! LOL

HH

Thanks for putting up the pics Cliff. I was in disbelief as I scrolled down the thread and saw the first pic and the water levels. Figured it out as I read your part of the report. Nice to see the water levels back up. Sooooo looking forward to the fall. Best enjoy the summer first though. :)