Ignatieff Just Resigned as Leader of the Liberals NF

bigbuck

I just saw on CP24 that Michael Ignatieff has resigned as Leader of the Federal Liberals. Good Riddance to him. He was the wrong guy to lead the party. He was out of touch with what Canadians wanted. Hopefully they can nominate an effective leader over the next few months. Dion was another disaster. Unfortunately, the party has slid over the past several years because of the lack of effective leadership. Maybe they can rebuild and in 4 years may actually contend once again with good policy.

I just saw on CP24 that Michael Ignatieff has resigned as Leader of the Federal Liberals. Good Riddance to him. He was the wrong guy to lead the party. He was out of touch with what Canadians wanted. Hopefully they can nominate an effective leader over the next few months. Dion was another disaster. Unfortunately, the party has slid over the past several years because of the lack of effective leadership. Maybe they can rebuild and in 4 years may actually contend once again with good policy.

Yup leadership was the demise of this party. It says so much that with all the controversial things this particular conservative government has done and people still gave them a majority with the options we had this time around.

I see Bob Rae as being an interim leader of the party. Ignatieff was out of touch with the people, just because the papers were reporting that the Harper Conservatives were in contempt of parliament didn't mean that Canadians wanted an election over it, the budget was right for the times and we really just didn't care if Harper's gang bullied the other parties, suck it up buttercup!! That was Parliamentary nonsense and had nothing to do with the price of a can of beans which is what we worry about.

I actually didn't mind Ignatieff. When there was an opportunity to topple the gov't a year or two ago by unifying the opposition.....he didn't do it. Opportunity was there, and he was in many ways the most powerful man in parliament....but he didn't use it, because he didn't think ti was the right thing to do.

I agree with him.

Jack Layton wanted to. In fact, he wanted to unify with the BQ. Beware what you get with Jack Layton, fellas. Don't trust the man at all.

All that said, really happy we got a conservative majority. Finally a gov't that can actually DO something.

Rae days ahead!

they will not get many people to switch to lib with Rae Day as their leader in Ontario..and I am one of the people he gave Rae Days to. I will never forgive or forget....

Ok so we have a majority goverment that will try to portray the center but really will drive the country to the right as much as possible, an opposition that will have to figure out what to do with the " new quebec" front while trying to portray a centralists view but really will want to drive to the left.....hmmmm then rae as leader in charge of rebuilding a party

Bob doesnt have the machine to begin to start that up and I ll wager while he might be interim leader, there is no way in a convention he wins it, I think he is needed to rebuild but the base wont take him to the game in 4 years, for that you need a new body, vision and a lot of carisma.

Layton has big problems if he wants to hold his party together, the quebec vote was a protest vote nothing more, he either converts it to stability or in 4 yrs lose's it all. Expect him to be in quebec a hell of a lot, while harper push's the coutry to the right, and the liberal's find a new white knight, maybe its time for trueau's boy to step up to the big game...

Grimace Im not advocating Justin either, hell Im blue to the bone so if they all fell apart Im ok with it....I think the hardest job on the hill right now it layton's. If I were giving him advise right now, it would be to put the bodies on the ground and run quebec, because all harper needs to do is put policy in place forcing big fires in QC, with all these new kids as MP's and not a clue whats going on the protest vote will turn to a revolt fast.

Hey if Layton can manage QC and actually turn it into something, he might have something here, very interesting events in Canadian poltics right now....

Its done time to start ramping Ontario up

The game is rigged. I told a few friends before the election Iggy was brought in purposly to be the "bad" guy so the conservatives could get their majority....

:clapping:

"Brought in" by whom exactly?

The game is rigged. I told a few friends before the election Iggy was brought in purposly to be the "bad" guy so the conservatives could get their majority....

:clapping:

that would be just crazy

can't believe he didn't resign last night during his defeat speech...said he'd do whatever the party wanted him to do...I guess they wanted him to get lost in a hurry (can hardly blame them, can't believe he and Dion are the best that party can come up with. Embarrassing)

can't believe he didn't resign last night during his defeat speech...said he'd do whatever the party wanted him to do...I guess they wanted him to get lost in a hurry (can hardly blame them, can't believe he and Dion are the best that party can come up with. Embarrassing)

Fully agree, he should have fell on his sword.

Good riddance, Ignatief was such a fool "RISE UP RISE UP" not a face that i would vote for, dion was probably better suited to the bloc lol.

Hate him or love him, Dalton Mcsquinty is a face that i would associate with the liberals. Bye bye Ignatief you will not be missed.