whats your favourite spinner for trout

You want to know mine? PM me, if I know you I would be happy to share!

Never thought I'd be the one to say this but there is too much specific information being enjoyed by lurkers on this site now, people that don't contribute a thing and have little or no respect for others.

You want to know mine? PM me, if I know you I would be happy to share!

Never thought I'd be the one to say this but there is too much specific information being enjoyed by lurkers on this site now, people that don't contribute a thing and have little or no respect for others.

with all due respect on this specific original post,, he did share with us what his favorites are. :blush:

with all due respect on this specific original post,, he did share with us what his favorites are. :blush:

No disrespect ment on my part and I wasn't aiming my comment at him although after re reading my post I can see where it could be preceived that way. I have no problem sharing information with anyone that is willing to share with others but I do have a problem with lurkers that take every bit of information they can get and offer nothing in return. Saddly I have learned this from first hand experience. Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks! :blush:

No disrespect ment on my part and I wasn't aiming my comment at him although after re reading my post I can see where it could be preceived that way. I have no problem sharing information with anyone that is willing to share with others but I do have a problem with lurkers that take every bit of information they can get and offer nothing in return. Saddly I have learned this from first hand experience. Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks! :blush:

now roll over.... sit... shake a paw! :sarcasm:

Depends, if I'm going very small like 0 or 1 size I do better with Panther Martins , if going with size 2 or 3 then the Mepp's. Really like the Panthers in the smallest sizes with the orange/black fly for small stream specs. :thumbsup_anim:

I got a few blue fox ones for Christmas from my girlfriends dad but I've never gone trout fishing and wouldn't know where to start as a shore fisherman. Guess ill google trout fishing and see if it helps me locate some spots in Kingston within busing distance.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

for brookies black fury #3 - yellow dots...

for steelhead/coho - large silver panther martin

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

thanks guys for your responses.Another question i have is how many of you use a snap swivel or barrel swivel? if not do you think not having the swivel makes the difference in catching.I don't use one and have friends that do and often even if they use the same spinner i will catch more fish.is there any truth to this?

Edited by hurraylien

thanks guys for your responses.Another question i have is how many of you use a snap swivel or barrel swivel? if not do you think not having the swivel makes the difference in catching.I don't use one and have friends that do and often even if they use the same spinner i will catch more fish.is there any truth to this?

I agree with this for brookies...the lighter and stealthier the tackle, the better your odds.

I beat my brother out 7-1 last year. He had 20lbs test and a steel leader while I used 6lbs fluoro directly tied to my spinner.

Have made my own for years. #2-4 colorado blades, varied colors, a few small silver/gold beads and a brass body weight

Only ever buy branded ones if I need bigger than #4's and then it's Blue Fox and a few left over old Olympiques I have that are used sparingly

#0-#2 Blue Fox vibrax seem to work well in pools upstream. The smallest Panther Martins work real well for resident browns and brookies in the headwaters. Down near the mouth of rivers #3 Blue Fox vibrax seem to catch what ever is around including odd pike.

I can't believe you fish spinners without a swivel and don't get line twist! What's your secret?

Anyhoo, I spend the extra and get ball-bearing swivels. No line twist and makes changing up spinners easier.

Panther Martin----yellow with orange dots

I have to agree that is my favorite as well but I like the mepps #1 and 2 aglia as well. I like to experiment but you can always count on mepps and panther martin.