2011 Fishing Regs For $$$ ?

Afraz

Hey Guys,

I had the weirdest day today, i ran around Scarborough trying to find a bait store that would sell me worms. Tried lucky, he's been closed every time i have been to that place, most of the other local worm suppliers have gone belly up. And well Rerie has closed down too...

So i Google the next bait store, and i find AV Tackle. I pick up 2 boxes of worms. Try to pay with my debit, lady says no min 10 dollar purchase. Okay so now i have 6 dozen worms (just to be granted the privilege of paying via debit).

Anyway, i see a bunch of 2011 Fishing regs in Chinese and in Engilsh. Before i can say anything my buddy helps himself to one and grabs a next copy for me.

I finish paying my fee and as we walk off with the regs, the lady in the back yells at us. Thieves that is not for free (what the hell ??? WHEN DID THE REGS COST MONEY ???)

She says 1.00 + tax or you need to buy a fishing license from me to be able to get that for free with the license or else put it back.

She said it costs her money to buy those regs

Now i have never had anyone ask me to pay for the regs, maybe i have been mistaken all along. But just to be sure i call the MNR and ask them about it (and they answer the regs are for free you don't pay for them)

So what the HELL IS THIS STUPID WOMAN DOING ?? scamming anglers trying to make money of fishing regs ???

Needless to say i shall never allow myself to get desperate enough to shop from there..

REMEMBER GUYS AV TACKLE Near Mccowan and Sheppard..

Eish.. i know times are tough but is it legal to make money of stuff that you aren't supposed to sell ?

Maybe i can complain about this and have some legal action taken against her.. next time i will walk in and record everything (if there ever is one)

Afraz

I just did a massive reno on a store just down the street. Pro J tackle. They have worms and minnows. Sheppard and Warden 3467 Sheppard Avenue East to be exact. Should have went there first. Great hard to find stuff and I can assure you the regs are free. So is the free advice on fishing. Lol.

Afraz, had you asked on the board where a good place was to buy worms in scarborough i would have told you.

There is a guy that sells worms of every size and quantity out of his garage,

YEAR round.

1063 Birchmount Rd, 3rd driveway south of Bertrand on the east side.

If you google it you can see his burgundy Gmc Safari van backed in his driveway.

GREAT prices.

Edited by skeeter

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it was my understanding that regs were free... i would look into that further... i see no reason why that woman should be capitalizing on documents we already paid for through the licensing system.

He did look into it DR.

"But just to be sure i call the MNR and ask them about it (and they answer the regs are for free you don't pay for them)"

Yes they are free.

Afraz needs to report her to the MNR ,

she can be charged with fraud.

It would be nice to see crooks like that get shut down.

Thanks for the heads up Afraz.

A V Fishing Tackle

4830 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON M1S 5M9

(416) 293-8228 ‎

Afraz, had you asked on the board where a good place was to buy worms in scarborough i would have told you.

There is a guy that sells worms of every size and quantity out of his garage,

YEAR round.

1063 Birchmount Rd, 3rd driveway south of Bertrand on the east side.

If you google it you can see his burgundy Gmc Safari van backed in his driveway.

GREAT prices.

I know this guy, i have bought stuff from him before.

But my buddy said he closed up shop. So we didn't drive by him...

As far as reporting her is concerned - i posted this same thing on another forum (got my post deleted - something about getting sued or w.e)

I could give a rats ass about what anyone's bait store preference is, but i just wanted to let people know what my experience was with the afore stated store..

Maybe i should make a call to my C.O buddy, see what his take is on this...

That lady @ AV Tackle is very rude !

My nephew from Alberta was here on a visit and needed a 7 day fishing license, she tried to sell him a scratched up one (it was previously written for some one else) he asked for a new one and she rudly refused, needless to say I have never been back to that store.

Another vote for Pro J Tackle, 3467 Sheppard Ave East (just east of Warden), good selection on tackle and friendly customer service, they can order something if they don't have it in stock AND beat the big box store prices in most cases.

Edited by stonefish

I know this guy, i have bought stuff from him before.

But my buddy said he closed up shop. So we didn't drive by him...

As far as reporting her is concerned - i posted this same thing on another forum (got my post deleted - something about getting sued or w.e)

I could give a rats ass about what anyone's bait store preference is, but i just wanted to let people know what my experience was with the afore stated store..

Maybe i should make a call to my C.O buddy, see what his take is on this...

You should definately report her. She cannot charge you for them. I would. I can't see her having to pay for them. She's lying I'd say.

I'd be going back & taking one, if she calls you a thief phone the police yourself, then see what she has to say

SBK

Exactly...I would go do the same thing...go in, take one and tell her to go to hell......

I'd most likely just not shop there if it offended me that much. Why start a war with some woman who's trying to make a dollar? :dunno:

Exactly. Who cares.

These days it seems everyone is set off at the slightest little thing whether real or imagined.

I'm tired of it.

Man I wish I could move up north.

Edited by solopaddler