Over Pricing At Tim Hortons!!

skeeter

Timmies only make their doughnuts in one place... Brantford. They are then flash frozen and shipped that way to your local shop. They are then heated by the shop "baker" and put out for customers.

Keep going to Timmies guys, Izumi needs his sponsorship!

HH

So that's why their dognuts suck.... :whistling:

McDonalds coffee is never consistent, that's my problem with it. One day I'll get a great cup, the next it tastes like crap. The Tim Hortons I frequent on the other hand is extremely consistent and it's rare that I get a bad cup of coffee.

I have found the exact opposite it the few Timmies I used to frequent. Totally inconsistant...which was my main motivator to try McD's coffee...which I have found 100% consistant in all locations in the 2 years since I switched.

Tell me the McD's you tried coffee at and I'll do my best to avoid them :good:

I have found the exact opposite it the few Timmies I used to frequent. Totally inconsistant...which was my main motivator to try McD's coffee...which I have found 100% consistant in all locations in the 2 years since I switched.

Tell me the McD's you tried coffee at and I'll do my best to avoid them :good:

400 South @ Hwy 89.. :)

I guess I got lucky with my Tim Hortons. I however have found massive differences between the Timmys up here and the ones closer to the big smoke. The one little drivethru located on the 400NB just past Major Mac is probably the worst out of all of them. I've NEVER had a good coffee from that place. I have a feeling they aren't brewing a new batch every 15 mins in order to save $$$.. But that's all speculation.

Edited by BillM

I however have found massive differences between the Timmys up here and the ones closer to the big smoke.

I have noticed that as well at Timmies. A coffee up in Cottage country quite often seems better. I just always thought it was because the water was better then city water. I however have not noticed that difference in McD's coffee so that shot down my "water" theory.

personally,i never ever drink restaurant coffee anymore.Either too week, or too strong.I have never had a cup of good coffee in any restaurant in the past.Specialty shops like Starbucks,or second cup,are the only ones i may drink coffee from.They seem to concentrate more on their coffee than their food menu.

I guess I got lucky with my Tim Hortons. I however have found massive differences between the Timmys up here and the ones closer to the big smoke. The one little drivethru located on the 400NB just past Major Mac is probably the worst out of all of them. I'm NEVER had a good coffee from that place. I have a feeling they aren't brewing a new batch every 15 mins in order to save $$$.. But that's all speculation.

I agree Bill, being a self-admitted mcdonalds lover (primarily breakfast), their coffee is hit or miss. When it's a hit, it's the best coffee from any joint but when it's a miss it's just not good. It's as if half the time you get the very last ounce from the coffee maker that's burnt from the hot plate. Timmies on the other hand (At least up here in Barrie and Innisfil) have always been consistent.

I guess I got lucky with my Tim Hortons. I however have found massive differences between the Timmys up here and the ones closer to the big smoke. The one little drivethru located on the 400NB just past Major Mac is probably the worst out of all of them. I'm NEVER had a good coffee from that place. I have a feeling they aren't brewing a new batch every 15 mins in order to save $$$.. But that's all speculation.

agreeed, my timmies experiences north of the city are much better, seems like they take a little more pride in their work

Mc donalds starts with the same water no matter were it is located. They filter the water using a R.O. unit that is dedicated to the drinks be it soda or coffee. They then have the coffee machines all the same with the same coffee blend for all of their restaurants.

Art

Mc donalds starts with the same water no matter were it is located. They filter the water using a R.O. unit that is dedicated to the drinks be it soda or coffee. They then have the coffee machines all the same with the same coffee blend for all of their restaurants.

Art

Which makes you wonder why their coffee is inconsistent. I think the main reason McDonalds coffee is more inconsitent than Tim Hortons is because Tim Hortons replaces their coffee every 20 minutes after a brew to keep it fresh and never gives a burnt taste. As far as I know McDonalds doesn't do this, a fresh cup from them is delicious but I don't want the last cup from the maker that's sitting on the hot plate for an hour during off times. I'm certain that's where the bad cups come from.

Which makes you wonder why their coffee is inconsistent. I think the main reason McDonalds coffee is more inconsitent than Tim Hortons is because Tim Hortons replaces their coffee every 20 minutes after a brew to keep it fresh and never gives a burnt taste. As far as I know McDonalds doesn't do this, a fresh cup from them is delicious but I don't want the last cup from the maker that's sitting on the hot plate for an hour during off times. I'm certain that's where the bad cups come from.

Makes sense to me I personally don't drink coffee but do drink soda and I have found McDonalds that are on well systems have the same taste as ones on city water. I got curious and actually got a tour and a lesson on their water filtration systems. They have spent lots of time and money trying to improve on their consistency of their products from store to store. It seems the biggest flaw in the equation is as always the human factor. :w00t:

Art

Makes sense to me I personally don't drink coffee but do drink soda and I have found McDonalds that are on well systems have the same taste as ones on city water. I got curious and actually got a tour and a lesson on their water filtration systems. They have spent lots of time and money trying to improve on their consistency of their products from store to store. It seems the biggest flaw in the equation is as always the human factor. :w00t:

Art

I had a GREAT and free coffee from McDee's today...they must be moving a lot of coffee fast because it's free here until April 10th...

Now about their food......they need a LOT of work there.....but one consistant thing I can say about their hamburgers is EVERYONE I ever get looks like they step on it before they put it in the bag...... :dunno:...and about a hour later you fill like crap... :(

Art

Funny you should say this Art. McD's is all about consistency if nothing else, so it certainly makes sense. It might not be any good for us (their food), but you can always count on it tasting the same wherever you are.

So price of coffee at Tim Horton's went up today with a large coffee going from 1.52 to

1.59 but charged 1.60........

With these price spikes you should quit drinking coffee.... :rofl2:

BTW our mediums cost that much.... :whistling:

But when I want a good cup of java I'd pay double that in the morning while motoring over to my fishing hole... :D

If you truly took the time, home brew is best. timmies or mcdonalds are never consistent.. we grind our own beans and never let coffee stew. no need to cream it to death.

Oh sure let the cat out of the bag Eh!!! the coffee is #1 at the Outlaw house hold I must say that after a 5 hour visit my eyes are always floating and its a great feeling LOL. The fresh grind and there Mrs outlaw's own blends work wonders.