g2g

corvette1

Here it is we take the time to organize/discuss this with the host and schedule it for a time frame so we can fish for as many species as we can. We then ask him to hold the camp as best he can and give us preferred booking. Talk to the people who have over the years donated time, money and effort to again step up to the plate to put prizes on the table even though few winners have taken the time to drop a note to the sponsors to thank them. I won't even go into what it takes for myself as a sponsor and the person the farthest away to drive 14 hours to get there. Well the good news is I have done it for the past 6 years because the people who show up are darn glad to see me and they are the cream of the crop in my book. I am sorry that some can not attend and no matter what date it is some still can not attend. Sorry for the rant but when we have expended as much effort as we have to get this organized every year it seems like a slap in the face and if it were not for the good friends that show up I could be 1000.oo dollars richer a year and many hours ahead of the game by passing on this wonderful event. :angry:

Art

I, as a new relatively member, think you guys are doing a bang up job !!!Don't let the silly rantings of one silly person deter you from the enjoyment you guys obviously have in holding these G2G's

I for one will be driving 8 hours to be there this year. That means i truly believe that i will be enjoying myself, and that i belive in all of the work you guys have done to ensure my enjoyment.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!clapping.gif

Edited by mercman

Pikeslayer, does this mean you are coming this year???

Great im looking forward to you,mercman and GBW being there this year :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Sorry folks but my wife and kids care more for fathers day then I do so it's not going to happen for me. I'll try and have you 3 over to my folks place on the lake one weekend.

I didn't attend last years g2g at Lakair but I was there for the 6 previous years and it's always a great time.

Like Art says though, it would be absolutely impossible to pick a date that would suit everybody and no matter when it was, there would be guys complaining that they can't make that time frame for one reason or another.

There's still nearly 3 months before the g2g so that should give everybody that's interested a chance to set it up.

I tried calling Barbara on our wedding anniversary for the first few years...........didn't always get the warm and fuzzy response I was hoping for. Now I bring her with me and we celebrate there........... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well Sandra & I are booked for a campsite and dockage for the get2gether. We'll be Lakair virgins, so please be gentle...

Just need to decide if we should bring the dog.

Plenty of guys bring their dogs Jer and they have as much fun as everyone.

She's still young and only had limited boat time last year. I'll have to see how she is early this season.

Sandra's worried that I'll be out fishing all day and she'll be stuck dog-sitting back at camp.

Okay, as a newbie can someone give me the details. Do I call Lakair and book a cottage myself , is there a group rate? Is there a special group of cottages? Can someone give me an idea of the cost? Do I have to reserve a boat or do we go out with each other? (I know that doesn;t sound right). Feel free to PM me.

Bill