Is there a law ?

camillj

Against frying up half a pound of bacon .. and then frying up a mess of sausage rolls in the bacon fat ... gotta love them ladies symphony nights ... good thing they dont happen too often or the 'ol pipes would surely clog up a little too early :)

Hmmmmmm .. even on full blast I dont think the fan will be able to dissipate the evidence ... jeeze I MUST be getting old .. I feel like Bill Cosby :)

Yikes .. and I just realized I cant even get out the back door (with all this snow) to hide the evidence :) HELP !!!! I'm trapped in here with my own bacon grease !!!!

Edited by camillj

Jon.......Brew some really strong coffee. Empty it in the sink, and brew another pot of the same.

Before you pour the first down the sink, take the time to have one yourselfwhistling.gif

The smell of the brewing coffee will hide the evidence of you mouth watering feastclapping.gif

Ha, that's a good one, definitely no law. I can remember Mom used to make what you would call pork rind grits (don't know the english version) run through the meat grinder, gently fried in a big cast iron fry pan, drained a couple of times and then cooled. On toast with a bit of salt and mustard. Definitely off the scale of acceptable snacks.

Maybe Bigugli knows what I'm talking about.

Edited by Fisherman

Ouch ... thats gotta hurt :)

Who cares if it hurts. It tastes oh so goooooood.

I remember that oh so well served up on toast. YumYum. Our fave was salt pork, lightly rinsed then fried til super crispy, serve on a piece of ruis with a bit of smoked fish or sil.

European food is anything but dietetically correct, nor is it boring.

Edited by bigugli

Jon.......Brew some really strong coffee. Empty it in the sink, and brew another pot of the same.

Before you pour the first down the sink, take the time to have one yourselfwhistling.gif

The smell of the brewing coffee will hide the evidence of you mouth watering feastclapping.gif

A good friend of mine buys/fixes houses and flips them quickly and has been making a living like this for a few years now. one of his tricks is to throw on a fresh pot of very strong coffee shortly before the people come look at it for this exact reason it works like a charm

Pop would fry the bacon up,then put the grease into the smaller pan to fry the eggs and taters. Gawd if I ate like that now,I would have heart burn for a month. :stretcher: Not saying I wouldnt eat it, if it was put infront of me.Was always told,eat whats infront of you,thats all yer getting. :whistling:

Oh then theres the toad in the hole.That pretty muched sucked up the leftover grease. :worthy::canadian:

Edited by Misfish

A good friend of mine buys/fixes houses and flips them quickly and has been making a living like this for a few years now. one of his tricks is to throw on a fresh pot of very strong coffee shortly before the people come look at it for this exact reason it works like a charm

We used to dump whole cans of ground coffee in the back of reefer trailers. Nothing else could mask the smell of raw chicken fleisch.

In my late teens on a week long Algonquin trip, I toasted some bread in the bacon grease. I was able to do it because there weren't any 'parents' around to disuade me. It was the tastiest piece of bread I've ever had. :w00t: , although the absolute agony of the gut wrench that followed made me not question my wife when she decided on the epidural years later! :blink:

We might be related Jon....LOL

Two nights back I fried up a pound of bacon (mmmmm, bacon!), three eggs and a side of french fries (deep fried) with 2 slices of toast with butter (not margarine), ate it all and washed it all down with several beers. Is that bad..... whistling.gif

Two nights back I fried up a pound of bacon (mmmmm, bacon!), three eggs and a side of french fries (deep fried) with 2 slices of toast with butter (not margarine), ate it all and washed it all down with several beers. Is that bad..... whistling.gif

The eggs aren't good for you.. but I see nothing wrong with the rest...

Could be Spiel ! ... what colour are your flies ??? :rofl2:

Ya know .... the thing about bacon ... is you really ought to cook it all up .. so it doesnt sit too long in the fridge :thumbsup_anim: The hard part is not eating it all :canadian:

Edited by camillj

The eggs aren't good for you.. but I see nothing wrong with the rest...

I considered that Wayne but they were Omega 3 eggs so I'm sure it's all good. :D

Could be Spiel ! ... what colour are your flies ??? rofl2.gif

I have many colours of flies Jon, all black. whistling.gif

Try this experiment, leave a pat of butter and a pat of margarine on two plate sied by side outside and see where the flies will go to. If it is food the flies will be on it.

You got that right, years ago the butcher showed me that, a hotdog with no flies after 30 days,