shocked at the price

grt1

I stopped at Vermilion Bay today to pickup a coffee before heading to Dryden, the sign on the highway was showing $1.34 per litre. I thought it was for the high test. NOPE

when I did get gas I found it in Dryden at $1.28 a litre.

looks like i'm gonna be running the 20 horse mercury on the little boat more than the 150 merc on my big boat (40 gallon capacity) this year.

Hopefully Gadaffi finally realizes that the rest of the world isn't going to play his games any longer. This guy is a nutbar but at least he was one that Canadian companies made lots of money off of. We profited big time, that's why we kind of dragged our feet.

Know I know many of you don't have or use FB but there was a group started by somebody a week or few weeks back. I joined and marked April 15th on the calander but when I joined there were 350'000 members, now it's approaching 700'000

Do not buy gas on April 15th...prob won't make a difference but well just don't buy gas on that day.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150414331685086

Maybe when it get's over a million members it will make the news.

$1.21 last night In Oshawa I saw, $1.17 in Lindsay Thursday night

Wouldn't hurt to stop buying as gas at the "big name" company's also, such as Esso, Petro-Can and Sunco just to name a few...maybe well see a decrease

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

This is what happens when the Liberal givernmant tacks on 8 cents per litre tax (looks more like 8% to me, even though they said it was an 8 cent a litre tax). You look at all the other prohibitive taxes on fuel in Ontario and it could get ugly for a little.

Ben Bernanke even went as far as to say that extended high oil and fuel prices could cause a reversal in the economic recovery and push us "back" to recession.

Maybe we should kick mcsquinty out this october

This is what happens when the Liberal givernmant tacks on 8 cents per litre tax (looks more like 8% to me, even though they said it was an 8 cent a litre tax). You look at all the other prohibitive taxes on fuel in Ontario and it could get ugly for a little.

Ben Bernanke even went as far as to say that extended high oil and fuel prices could cause a reversal in the economic recovery and push us "back" to recession.

Maybe we should kick mcsquinty out this october

Hopefully a big 2000lb bomb accidently falls on top of Quadaffi's head and blows him to smithereens. The guy has gotta go. This unrest in the Middle East has to end soon. If the price of fuel continues to rise, we will see the economy slow down and maybe the US will slip back into recession and that is the last thing they need right about now.

108 here in peterborough at some places 118 at other, filled up the truck for the first time in awhile

Yep...At noon, I paid $1.079 at Ultramar...Ctc wanted $1.189 just down the street (Landsdowne)

Up here in Bobcaygeon Ultramar was $1.169 but seeing as how I had a doc appointment in Peterpatch I figured I may as well save a few pennies...

Too bad the carp season hasn't started yet or I could have really multi-taskedGonefishing.gif

Edited by Beans