Some Old Reels

mercman

Thought some of you may be interested in seeing some old reels and metal lures that belonged to my Dad.

First is a Phlueger Pakron 3178 he used for lake trout way back....in the 60's-70's

IMGP1276.jpg

IMGP1277.jpg

IMGP1278.jpg

Mitchel 300 and 301

IMGP1284.jpg

a Shakespeare President 1978 on a Denco Tiger Claw worm rod

IMGP1280.jpg

IMGP1282.jpg

IMGP1279.jpg

Some old spoons.No clue what they are or what they were used fordunno.gif

IMGP1283.jpg

Acouple of really small reels that must have been considered ultrallite 30 or 40 years ago.

Cant make out the manufacturer.

IMGP1288.jpg

IMGP1287.jpg

IMGP1286.jpg

Enjoy, and feel free to input if you recognize anything, or have any info.

Paul

Hey man awesome pics, I too like seeing old tackle. Perhaps we can turn this thread into a "show and tell" of old tackle and rods/reels. This lure was my Papa's moms and she passed it down to him...she passed away a number of years ago but I now have the possession of this cool piece of history. I took a quick look and didn't see a date on the package. Any guess as to the approx year?

I got the old rapala in it's original case with the price tag on it...love that thing...here are too many pics of it :P

ScreenHunter_40Mar131627.jpg

ScreenHunter_41Mar131627.jpg

ScreenHunter_43Mar131628.jpg

ScreenHunter_42Mar131628.jpg

ScreenHunter_44Mar131628.jpg

ScreenHunter_45Mar131629.jpg

ScreenHunter_46Mar131629.jpg

ScreenHunter_47Mar131629.jpg

ScreenHunter_49Mar131630.jpg

ScreenHunter_48Mar131629.jpg

Hope to see some more, out of curiosity what value do these old mint condition baits have?

Keep em coming,

MTBF

Cool stuff Merc.

You have to wonder how some of that old equipment even worked.

Dad has some old stuff around his place too.

And maybe a few rarely seen interesting ones as well.

Maybe I'll take a few pictures this summer when I think of it.

Edited by Bernie

Cool stuff Merc.

You have to wonder how some of that old equipment even worked.

Dad has some old stuff around his place too.

And maybe a few rarely seen interesting ones as well.

Maybe I'll take a few pictures this summer when I think of it.

Thanks Bernie.

Dad would be awe struck if he could see some of the newer technology of todays fishing tools.Those 2 mitchels caught a lot of fish Bernie.He used them for years and years before he got his first Penn round baitcaster back in the late 80's early 90's. He had a 12' alunimun and an old Elgin motor.It was my job to bailclapping.gif I miss him terrible.

nice pics.

brings back times of sitting in the boat bourd out of my mind as a child checking out my dads stuf.

when i get my picture problem worked out ill post some of his tackle.

i could use some help with posting pics.

kinda new at this.

nice mercman very nice!

That's a really cool collection.. My old pop never really fished much but he did like dumpster diving and picked me up a couple from a garage sale once.. They're sitting proudly with my other babies on a glass shelf in the living room. The ones you have should be showcased in a nice cabinet!!

Thanks budday! :)

I only retired my 300A a few years back, and have since found me another solid 300 that I will use for catting. As for those small level winds, they were your normal bass and walleye reels in the day. As a kid I learnt to fish with one. Black line, bobber and hook off uncle's dock.

Edited by bigugli

You have to have the perspective on things back in the day, two bucks was easily a half hours pay for most people. I believe some of those baitcasters are older than the 60`s. Hard for me to say exactly what was being sold up there though back in the late 50`s and early 60`s, I was still fairly young.

Great stuff. Is the one spoon on the right a "Abu toby"? If so, it could be worth something. Looks like an original Williams there too.

Mike, that rapala is a nice keep sake. Not worth alot yet, but could be.

Edited by Harrison

Great stuff. Is the one spoon on the right a "Abu toby"? If so, it could be worth something. Looks like an original Williams there too.

Mike, that rapala is a nice keep sake. Not worth alot yet, but could be.

Not sure if it is an Abu Toby, i will look at it tonite. The williams is original though.

I have a feeling a couple of the older bait casters belonged to my grandfather, but i'm not sure.

Thanks for all the info

Paul

Not sure if it is an Abu Toby, i will look at it tonite. The williams is original though.

I have a feeling a couple of the older bait casters belonged to my grandfather, but i'm not sure.

Thanks for all the info

Paul

Can't tell 100% by the pic as it looks alittle thin, but the oringal Tobys can sell for over $100 bucks.

The second one down from the sppons might be an Ocean City level winder. A friend of mine has one by that name.

Now you've got me interested. I have a bunch of my Dad's old reels and a few rods. I'll get some pics and post 'em soon.

Also a few about 20 yrs old that I bought for my kids. No idea if they're any good. Probably not but perhaps someone here will recognize them.

JF

The second one down from the sppons might be an Ocean City level winder. A friend of mine has one by that name.

Now you've got me interested. I have a bunch of my Dad's old reels and a few rods. I'll get some pics and post 'em soon.

Also a few about 20 yrs old that I bought for my kids. No idea if they're any good. Probably not but perhaps someone here will recognize them.

JF

That would be Great John clapping.gif

That would be Great John Winder2.jpg

Winder.jpg

shakespearSigma.jpg

shakespeareProAm.jpg

mitchell140G.jpg

DaiwaRG1350.jpg

Auto wind flyreel

auto.jpg

Here are the old rods. Both are metal. Tne first is 4 sided Triggerlok made in Galt by Whitehall Machine & Tool and with the name Perfek-Temp. The other is a Bristol 6 sided extension with no other ID

trigsquaremetal.jpg

trigger2.jpg

trigger1.jpg

trigger3.jpg

Bristol 6 sided extension rod

bristol6side.jpg

bristol6sideext.jpg

bristol2.jpg

If I ever find the older ones I'll put 'em up.

JF

Edited by JohnF