WINTERNET(i stand corrected)

mercman

Last fall, i heard some of you 'OLE Timers' speak about something called winterlude.I thought you were talking about some kind of celibration of winter or something.dunno.gif I mean, i've never spent the winter in here with you guys before.Sometime in December i figured it out.whistling.gif

Its like cabin fever only worse.Its taking a couple of hundred more or less strangers and sticking them in a room for 6 months with no place to go, and all of them telling the same story of their favorite passion, fishing in our cases.After a few weeks, maybe a month, we have all told our stories of the summer before, and now search frantically for something to talk about,just so we dont lose touch with one anotherbiggrin.gif

What would happen if.........

Weekly funnies(getting more risque by the day)....

Did ya hear the one about....

Kill the cormorants.....

Drinking on the ice.....

Mines the best screw the rest.......................

Broken tackle and bad service.................

People going through the ice............

the price of gas...................

mines bigger,longer,smaller,lighter,more flexible,...and did i tell you mines the best...

locked threads, deleted posts,bump......

weird PM's.......................blink.gif

I've learned alot too. I have learned that i can be sarcastic,funny, serious,ridiculous, entertaining,helpful,generous,excited,aloof,caring,uncaring,offensive. I also learned so can all of you.

I have learned that i like some of you, and that i dont like some of you.I have learned that some of you like me, and some of you dont. Thats part of the big picture, and i live with it, the same way you live with it.We are a cross section of all races and religions.

I also learned that we are basically all the same, no matter how we like to come accross in here.We have had different experiences through out our lives, but we are all made of the same stuff.

But mostly i have learned that at its worst, this is a pretty kewl place to be, and at its best, its unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!!!!clapping.gif

And once Winterlude is over, i shall be saddened. Because softwater will be back, and lots of us will be on the water instead of cooped up inside, sitting here in out pajamas,boxers,jogging pants,fruit of the looms, and yes...some of you even in negligees, camisoles and braswhistling.gif,beating the keyboards with the story of our lives, and how much we miss being in the boat, by the lake,in the streams,on the rivers,at the cottage,in a tent, FISHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPERtease.gif

Paul

Edited by mercman

When you're young ice fishing is a snap....hopefully as you age you wouldn't suffer from ailments that prevent ice fishing from being a pleasant experience. huh.gif

Ice fishing is way easier than sitting in a boat. You can sit, walk, lay, sleep, stretch...it's all there. I suppose the cold can be killer on joints or arthritis however.

And once Winterlude is over, i shall be saddened.

I, for one, shall not be saddened...

When you're young ice fishing is a snap....hopefully as you age you wouldn't suffer from ailments that prevent ice fishing from being a pleasant experience. :huh:

Dats da trute brudder!! Like a Saturday morning hangover... lol very debilitating and my age.

Great post Merc, when people realize some of your comments, they are finally part of the community. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Guest gbfisher

I, for one, shall not be saddened...

Dats da trute brudder!! Like a Saturday morning hangover... lol very debilitating and my age.

Great post Merc, when people realize some of your comments, they are finally part of the community. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

LOL.. the "winternet"... I gotta remember that one.. and GB... I've got big shoulders.. yup one more year of this I can retire on social assistance..

It's a syndrome that some suffer every year. The only true remedy is to............... GO FISH!

Edited by gbfisher

Ice fishing is way easier than sitting in a boat. You can sit, walk, lay, sleep, stretch...it's all there. I suppose the cold can be killer on joints or arthritis however.

If you mean getting a ride out to a heated hut...then yes that's easier but 99% of my ice fishing when I was younger was me pulling a light plastic sled with my hand auger and buckets in tow. Sometimes walking close to 2 miles out and enduring the cold. :wallbash:

If you mean getting a ride out to a heated hut...then yes that's easier but 99% of my ice fishing when I was younger was me pulling a light plastic sled with my hand auger and buckets in tow. Sometimes walking close to 2 miles out and enduring the cold. wallbash.gif

Fair enough...snow trekking is NOT easy, especially when hauling out all that gear.