Bass Fisherman considering suing power company

Billy Bob

This bass fishermen says the power company is responsible for his boat damage and it considering suing them.....what do you think ?

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=14072624

I feel sorry for his loss but why wouldn't he file an insurance claim? My crystal ball sees a body of water closed to boats in the future.

A buddy fished a spring tournament at Kentucky lake in his newer 40k Triton, hit two logs. Broke the transom, turned the lower unit on his 225 merc. Insurance covered it, dude what are you doing trying to run around a lake after the winter melt at 70-80 miles an hour?

Most of us didn`t do much more than laugh at him, lucky you didn`t kill your stupid self?

I hate idiots like this guy, because they drive up the cost of everything. Instead of taking responsibility for his own problem, he tries to cast blame on someone else - in this case a power company. I would bet my last dollar that everyone who lives in that area pays more money for hydro than they actually need to - partly because the power company has to pay extra insurance costs to protect itself against nuisance lawsuits like this one.

Or, as NBR suggests, they just ban boat access altogether to reduce their exposure to nonsense like this.

I hope the judge not only throws this case out of court, but forces this jackass to pay the power company's legal costs as well.

Maybe he is just a savvy marketer trying to get more exposure for his sponsors logos... I dunno....doesn't make any logical sense.

Now if he nailed one of the unmarked sections of the "train tracks" on Rice, then yes, maybe he'd have something to pursue.

Brutal.

Edited by Harrison

He hit a log? i thought he hit an unmarked power something or other? a Log? cmon dude, pull up your pants and call the insurance company, part your boat out, and suck it up. Now if the log was from someone dock and he knew what dock it was from...then you got something...

It makes perfect sense suing is a way of life in the good ole U.S of A.

Didn`t someone sue McDonalds for serving hot coffee? :P

The guy does sound like a dope though, anybody that runs a boat knows or should know you have to be very careful in the spring as those crazy ice fisherman leave all kinds of crap on the ice! :oops:

Maybe he is just a savvy marketer trying to get more exposure for his sponsors logos... I dunno....doesn't make any logical sense.

Now if he nailed one of the unmarked sections of the "train tracks" on Rice, then yes, maybe he'd have something to pursue.

Brutal.

Just curious Phil, who should I have sent the bill for a new prop?, the bad part about it I knew they were there. I chalked it up to my own stupidy :lol:

It makes perfect sense suing is a way of life in the good ole U.S of A.

Didn`t someone sue McDonalds for serving hot coffee? :P

The guy does sound like a dope though, anybody that runs a boat knows or should know you have to be very careful in the spring as those crazy ice fisherman leave all kinds of crap on the ice! :oops:

So I guess Canadians don't sue anyone for any thing eh ?

Just for the record I think this guy or his insurance company is fishing. Nobody in their right mine would have a boat like that that didn't had insurance to cover such, unless they could afford to right it off.

Just curious Phil, who should I have sent the bill for a new prop?, the bad part about it I knew they were there. I chalked it up to my own stupidy :lol:

Just for the record I think this guy or his insurance company is fishing. Nobody in their right mine would have a boat like that that didn't had insurance to cover such, unless they could afford to right it off.

We don`t sue we are to polite and if we do we sue we say please and thank you!!! :rofl2:

We do sometimes, but it takes too damn long to get the money :D

I found them the hard way too back when I was a teenager, so your not alone. I do know one gentleman you hit them with his bass boat. He did sue.. but the details I am not sure of. I shake my head and wonder why they are not more clearly marked since they are man made. Sorry to change the subject of the thread.

Edited by Harrison

You are suposed to know where you are, so if he hit the tracks on Rice he's got nothing.

Agreed 100%, but to be honest, I know Rice very well. And I still do not know exactly where all the pilings are. And if you are new or fairly new on the water, forget it. You'd have no idea you can smack a concrete piler in the middle of the lake. Even though there are channel markers, you can easily miss them.