Anyone have an iPad?

I bought one for my son for Christmas and he loves it.

If you buy it from Apple Inc. online, they will engrave it free for you. Shipped to me within 24 hours and the Rogers chip only cost 20 cents through them. They sell other chips too for other carriers.

Edited by Joey

I have one.

I use it primarily for work, but we travel with it.

It's great for travel as it's light and wifi is available everywhere, but I am 100x more productive on a laptop with a keyboard. I don't like touch screens at all and I don't want to buy a bluetooth keyboard for the ipad as this is will to lose its portability.

All depends what you're to do with it. Check email and surf online? If so, get one of those cheaper ipad knock-offs. If you're using it for apps and other things, then the ipad is the cat's meow!

Let me know if you need anymore info. I use it everyday for work and have had it since release day.

they are pretty awesome. It is a little too big for my liking but it is amazing if you have access to WIFI. I am on a golf forum and one of the memembers there is selling one. I have attached the description below. I've dealt with this guy before and he's a solid guy. He's in Markham thou so it may be a bit of a drive. If you want me to respond to him I can always relay the message. I will open this only to Dave for now as he was the OP, but if Dave passes i'll act as the messager for someone else. I AM NOT THE ONE SELLING IT so i don't have any details other than what is below.

Looking to sell my iPad 32GB with WiFi. Comes with the official Apple case and a PowerSupport USA screen protector. Both the case and screen protector have been on the iPad since it came out of the box.

OS is fully up to date. No scratches or dents of any sort on the device or case. Condition is easily a 9.9/10.

Comes with charger, USB cable and the original retail box.

Asking $650

Nick

too bad that model sells on the apple online store for $649 lol, i'll pass, thanks though

hahahaha... good point.. just checked it out myself. You save the taxes thou...lol. I'm sure if you come home with one you'll have a "get out of jail for free" card forsure from the Mrs... I have an IPhone ( switched from a Blackberry) I think its just as good but in a compact version.

Nick

If she wants one mainly for reading, you may want to check out the pure ereaders instead (Kobo, Kindle, etc) They're black and white and look way less sexy but reading is MUCH easier on the eyes , the battery lasts way longer, and its a thinner/lighter device overall. Also ~$150.

Kobos are at Chapters Indigo - bought one for my wife and she absolutely loves it.

Also, there are a BUNCH of tablet style devices coming out this year, so you'll soon have several options and prices will likely drop a bit.

Edited by cram

My wife got me one for Christmas. She thought it was pretty geeky but now I think she is secretly covets it.

I use it all the time to check mail, surf the web and read books etc. as the kids always monopolize my laptop.

You can also add most of the proprietary readers (kindle etc) as an app and use them. I have tons of books on it now. Movies and games are fun.

As noted they are releasing anew version but from what I see they are only adding a camera for web chats.

I have also loaded Navionocs to it to have the charts I like to look at.

Nemo

Got this emailed to me the other day :lol:

It all began with an iPhone...

March was when my son celebrated his 15th birthday, and I got him an iPhone.

He just loved it. Who wouldn't?

I celebrated my birthday in August, and my wife made me very happy when

she bought me an iPad.

My other son's birthday was also in August so I got him an iPod Touch.

My wife celebrated her birthday in September so I got her an iRon.

It was around then that the fight started......

What my wife failed to recognize is that the iRon can be integrated into the home network with the iWash, iCook and iClean.

This inevitably activates the iNag reminder service.

I should be out of the hospital by Monday, but Doc says I'll have permanent scars and always walk with a limp!

Edited by Joey

I think I posted about this before, but for 19.99 you can download the Navionics Great Lakes HD app for the iPad that turns your iPAD with GPS into a 10" colour chartplotter that works as good or better than my Ramarine. Its unbelievable. The Great Lakes version covers the Trent?Severn system as well. Its almost worth buying an iPaD just for that alone.