River Monsters

kemper

Yep.. and legal where they're doing it. We had that arguement around here about 3 weeks ago..

I wasn't sure about the legality...and I'm not surprised to hear that it is in fact legal but I am surprised that they would explicitly explain that is how they were doing it.

Yep, that's the way they fish them.

Sockeye are plankton feeders and don't hit baits.

They can be caught on beads though, but only when they are long past their prime in the rivers. The other 4 pacific salmon however are willing biters.

I didn't know that about Sockeye - maybe something that they should have explained while they were explaining the technique

Not sure why he'd have to explain it's legality.. in other countries it's illegal to release fish. here it's common practice. I'm glad every fishing show that C&R's doesn't sit there explaining it's legality everytime a fish goes back. haha

I've watched quite a few episodes, and from what I can see, Jeremy Wade is a pretty ethical angler.

He always holds the fish horizontally, and usually keeps it in the water while he talks to the camera, unlike most fishing shows on WFN. I've only ever seen him keep 1 fish, and that was because it couldn't be revived.

So, I wouldn't hold this one against him.

Edited by ADB

Wasn't looking to open the lining can (bucket?) of worms - glad it stayed civil. Nothing against the host either, he does run an entertaining show and from what I can see treats the fish properly.

Edited by kemper

Or "Dumb fish" in Alaska... I'll have to find that video..

Here it is... internet flying friend and his kids "fishing" for Hooligan

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pa3nuKWzYp8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Edited by irishfield

Well kind of the same the alligators are by the tag so their is a limit of how many are harvested. Very few of the gators are snagged most are baited. Snagging was done by few and only to kill time till they checked the lines.

Art

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I hope you are not implying that all of the guys fishing there are flossers.

I think he's just saying there's lots of flossers down there. :ninja:

LOL.. Specks one day along that shore.. Pike the next with the wind in the opposite direction!

So you got it all figured out now, huh Bud? Been fishing there 20 years or more and I still don't have it figured out. LOL :worthy: