Honeyhole not so safe any more.

FishOn

you only have to worry about it if you are taking a picture with a gps enabled devise..like a cellphone

strangely enough, I just use a camera to take pictures so the only info I give out is the date of photo what camera and exposure vI used

you only have to worry about it if you are taking a picture with a gps enabled devise..like a cellphone

strangely enough, I just use a camera to take pictures so the only info I give out is the date of photo what camera and exposure vI used

Terry the new "cool" thing that all the manufacturers are starting to do now is GPS enabled cameras. Your run of the mill point and shoot will have this moving forward so people can organize their pictures via "location" and certain programs and websites will allow your friends to see where you took your prized photo! It's pretty simple to pull this information prior to posting the images though....

Terry the new "cool" thing that all the manufacturers are starting to do now is GPS enabled cameras. Your run of the mill point and shoot will have this moving forward so people can organize their pictures via "location" and certain programs and websites will allow your friends to see where you took your prized photo! It's pretty simple to pull this information prior to posting the images though....

I ain't see one .....but as long as there is an off switch

or as long as I can go into properties and remove info

life is good ............

another instance of what i despise about news reporting.

this feature of cameras has been around for a while. this isn't a privacy concern -- it's a feature. if someone uses a device and is unaware of what they're doing, that is their fault, and not one of the device or device manufacturer.

it's this same thinking that causes people to fear using email. It is not knowing what you're opening in an email attachment that gets you the virus, not the email itself.

On the one hand, I do hope that camera manufacturers disable geo-tagging by default. Wishful thinking, but it would at least be courteous -- in the same way that one should have to opt in for

mailings from e-businesses, and not be signed up simply by installing a piece of software.

/rant

It's less of an issue for fishing pictures, since in most situations, just knowing the spot isn't enough. You have to be there at the right time, and that's entirely weather-dependent.

Different issue if its your kid or your wife being stalked by some creep. Perhaps thats one feature that manufacturers would we wise to do away with entirely.

you can turn off the geotagging option of blackberrys...canon cameras don't geotag either

I think you can turn off on most Android phones as well. It is sometime called Location or Location Awareness etc. It can be under Location or Security/Privacy settings. See attached.

I would think this is possible on Iphones as well.

Edited by scugog

I Have a berry and can't find the section to turn it off...

please advise if you know how.

Thanks

Turn the camera on....hit your menu button, and select options. Scroll down and you should see geotagging....default setting on mine was to "disabled"