Finally Found The Whities On Simcoe

walleyemaster

Just pm Emil / aka icefisherman. He scored whitefish on Simcoe regularly for at least a decade, with no signs of letting up. Go fishing? Catch fish. No big deal, but do it every time.

hi doug, i know where they are but this year people are having a hard time do to slow ice conditions. very few have ventured into deep waters. i have spots gps ed on this lake for the last 10 years but have only produced perch so far, but yesterday i found them and i will be back in the morning..

Good job walleyemaster! :thumbsup_anim:

That is how it normally works...limit under 10 min...or searching for them all day :rolleyes:

I may try them myself on Sunday, in the big chill ha ha ha...

I've got bunch of local buddies going daily and all are having difficulties zeroing on them so far this yer...so you are definitely ahead of the pack :clapping:

PM me if you out on Sunday...or next week...maybe we can hook up and compare notes ha ha ha.

Cheers,

Ice FIsherman

I get a woody every time I see whitefish.....by FAR the BEST smoked fish in the world....wish I could get them down here.... :wallbash:

Keep posting pics of whitefish.... :)

Bob

i agree, great tasting fish...i've had them smoked and had them just plain old bbq with salt and peppper...yummmm.

i agree, great tasting fish...i've had them smoked and had them just plain old bbq with salt and peppper...yummmm.

I soak my fish in a salt and brown sugar brine overnight and then use maple wood to smoke them...put in fridge to cool, usually overnight and then take the fish to the fire hall and watch the wolves go crazy...oh, a few cold Canadian Beers of course.... :whistling: