looking for info/advice about a machete

Teressa

My boyfriend has been wanting to get another machete. We found a company in Sudbury that said they had one in their Quebec warehouse, for $20, they said it is much better quality than Canadian Tire ect. We ordered it and they said it should be in next day. That was back in mid December. I am calling the guy monday and telling him to cancel it as I called several times to find out what was going on and given excuse after excuse, so now I am back to looking for another.

Anyone bought one either online or in Sudbury area, good quality, good price?

I don't know--and I'm not judging---But I've been a licenced hunter for 35 years and trekked in a lot of places in Canada-At times, I believe that have never seen a footprint---And I have never needed a machete to get around for any reason.

Why would I want to add something to my gear??

You might look at a sling blade or kaiser ax as they are known. The swedish ax possible might fit your bill. If you are looking for a machete look for these features. A nonslip handle that is bolted, a high carbon blade and a thick spline. If you can flex the blade from the tip to the handle then their is more of a chance for deflection. Remember to put it away cleaned and oiled it will cut much better than if it is rough and rusted.

Art

misfish, ty for the link, do you have one or know of anyone that has one? It looks good, and will share the link with my bf in the morning.

irish, good idea, I do have a 15 year old daughter lol.

aplumma we did check into the kaiser axe, but it's not quite what we wanted. The qualities you listed when looking for a machete are exactly what we are looking for, thats why I am asking here, with so many different people, someone is bound to know where to get a really good one.

Thanks everyone so far for posting.

It isn't for hunting or just walking through the bush we need one. We have a farm and there are many different situations a machete comes in handy.

Like when Claude gets out of hand :whistling: OK, OK, maybe a little wishful thinking here LOL :devil:

Edited by Big Cliff

Like when Claude gets out of hand whistling.gif OK, OK, maybe a little wishful thinking here LOL devil.gif

LOL now Dad you know I have Claude trained well enough that he won't get out of hand, besides, I thought you said the scissors were a good enough deterrentclapping.gif .

Thanks everyone for the help, advice and links.

Billy Bob, those are some wonderful keepsakes!

Buster, its a beautiful area. We live on Finni Road if you know where that is.

LOL now Dad you know I have Claude trained well enough that he won't get out of hand, besides, I thought you said the scissors were a good enough deterrentclapping.gif .

Thanks everyone for the help, advice and links.

Billy Bob, those are some wonderful keepsakes!

Buster, its a beautiful area. We live on Finni Road if you know where that is.

I sure do! How can I forget the Finni pit parties :worthy: , head out on red deer lake , fish bite is on. :Gonefishing:

Edited by BUSTER