Lightweight, strong, ice fishing chairs

asdve23rveavwa

Currently have a couple of standard camping chairs for the hut. I've searched google and have seen a few alternatives. Wondering if any fellow OFNers have found reasonably priced alternatives?

Must have back support, and, in my case, support a 6' 2" frame weighing 230 lbs.

Cheers,

Frank

I use the smaller version of the folding camping chair. They don't have arm rests. I bought two of the camo one at crappy tire a year ago for $10 each on sale.

I use them for duck and sometimes turkey hunting too.

I'd like to find where this HT chair is available on its own. At Lebaron it comes with a flip over and not seperately.

Anyone know where you can get one of these? :dunno:

I'm 6'1 210 lbs and it was fairly comfortable. You're able to spread your legs out which can make it easier to get up from.

HT chair.jpg

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/Furniture/FoldingChairsStools/PRD~0680340P/Folding%252BStool%252Bwith%252BBack%252BSupport.jsp?locale=en

I have removed the seating in both my portable huts and take this chair. I am a tad heavier then you :whistling: ...with no problems so far. On it's third season.

Beans and I also use the same chair for carp fishing in the summer. I know he has a few pictures of us sitting in them.

Keep an eye on the Canadian Tire flyers if you are not in a big hurry. They always come on for $9.99

Edited by crappieperchhunter

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/Furniture/FoldingChairsStools/PRD~0680340P/Folding%252BStool%252Bwith%252BBack%252BSupport.jsp?locale=en

I have removed the seating in both my portable huts and take this chair. I am a tad heavier then you :whistling: ...with no problems so far. On it's third season.

Beans and I also use the same chair for carp fishing in the summer. I know he has a few pictures of us sitting in them.

Keep an eye on the Canadian Tire flyers if you are not in a big hurry. They always come on for $9.99

Bingo.

Same ones I've been using.

http://www.canadiant...t.jsp?locale=en

Like Steve sez...this stool like chair is much easier to get off of when your alarm goes off rather than struggling out of a camp chair...I've gone through 3 camp chairs the past few years no matter how strong they say they are but this one keeps on ticking...rolleyes.gif

Folds down for easier carrying...

Edited by Beans

I'd like to find where this HT chair is available on its own. At Lebaron it comes with a flip over and not seperately.

Anyone know where you can get one of these? :dunno:

I'm 6'1 210 lbs and it was fairly comfortable. You're able to spread your legs out which can make it easier to get up from.

HT chair.jpg

A friend of mine bought one exactly like that at basspro and i think he only paid 20 bucks after taxes.

Like Steve sez...this stool like chair is much easier to get off of when your alarm goes off rather than struggling out of a camp chair...I've gone through 3 camp chairs the past few years no matter how strong they say they are but this one keeps on ticking...rolleyes.gif

Folds down for easier carrying...

Interesting alternative. How's the weight, do the legs rust?

I find the tri-pod chairs to be ball-breakers. No fun sitting all day with your junk squished.

What, You don't were a cup with one of those umm...hand warmers in it? :dunno::whistling:

Hmmm...think I've stumbled on the next great cross marketing idea! The Fishing "Cup 'n Heater" :thumbsup_anim::w00t:

Tag Line: "Keep your sons warm & protected from the hard knocks that stiff water fishing sometimes delivers"

Who's going to be the 1st to place an order? :P