And we should respect them...

Fisherman

In the article, it says the guy is on disability for a brain injury. So was the guy's brain injury from before or after the kick?

Unbelievably uncalled for IMO!

Edited by Joey

I am pro cop but that is just incredilble, the guy was in a submissive position the cop had back-up there was no need for that.

The :asshat: should be thrown off the force,it`s :asshat: like this that fuel the general public distrust of police.

Remember the Imigrant at a BC airport a couple years ago, shameful!

I, at the risk of being shot would have fought back.

I did that once back in the 90's on a local off duty power trippin' OPP officer, after he grabbed me by the neck for accidentally hitting him in the head with a frisbee at a local beach.

I really got the best of him and won the fight 100% ,I was 19 and he was pushing 40..

I ended up going to court for "assault on a peace officer"

The judge threw out the case after 9 witnesses agreed with me.

I have total respect for the "good cop" and 0 fro the powertrippin' one.

He had a permit to use the gun to scare away geese at the golf course that he use to work for.

That really stinks. The shots fired that the cops were responding to was him doing his job at the golf course.

That cop should not only be kicked off of the force but be put behind bars.

The title of the post - and we should respect them... it might be more apropriately stated as "and we should respect HIM".

Can't paint all law enforcement with the same brush. Remember that in the media you only ever hear about the bad ones.

I, at the risk of being shot would have fought back.

I did that once back in the 90's on a local off duty power trippin' OPP officer, after he grabbed me by the neck for accidentally hitting him in the head with a frisbee at a local beach.

I really got the best of him and won the fight 100% ,I was 19 and he was pushing 40..

I ended up going to court for "assault on a peace officer"

The judge threw out the case after 9 witnesses agreed with me.

I have total respect for the "good cop" and 0 fro the powertrippin' one.

So you should have had him charged with false arrest!

The title of the post - and we should respect them... it might be more apropriately stated as "and we should respect HIM".

Can't paint all law enforcement with the same brush. Remember that in the media you only ever hear about the bad ones.

Unfortunately there's more than just "HIM" that we don't get to hear about.

pointing out the disreputable actions of a police officer is not police bashing. great to see it on video. likely story - blah blah investigation by fellow cops blah blah training policy departmental procedure blah blah use of force practices blah blah paid suspension blah blah acted within department policy complaint dismissed!!!

Unfortunately there's more than just "HIM" that we don't get to hear about.

No doubt. There are lots of bad officers out there. But that doesn't change the fact that the huge majority of law enforcement professionals are honest people and go to work intending to contribute to society in a positive way.

I've met some real ignorant hotel staff over the years, but I don't expect all hotel staff to be ignorant. I won't approach the next concierege that I meet with a negative assumption, because the odds are that they're proud of their job and will treat me accordingly. As a matter of fact, the more respect that I treat them with, the more respect I am likely to receive in return.

Life sure is easy sitting in front of a computer picking apart what other people do. I agree that watching that video it sure looks awful; however I have learned over the years that things are not always how they appear. It's all after the fact that it now comes out that this poor individual is disabled and was only doing his job. But what information did this officer have when he stopped him. I'll bet he didn't have that information.

I'll bet he was responding to a call from some member of the public about someone shooting a gun off, likely no more than that and a description of the person/vehicle.

Not being critical of the officer or standing up for him, I wasn't there and I don't know what he knew, just saying its easy to sit here and pick the actions of others apart without being in their shoes.

Cheers

Craig