fishnsled

Propane Tank

Went to fill up the propane tank today only to find out it's expired. Did some running around town trying to find one but no luck. Anyone seem them in the Durham Region - Toronto area recently?

i will keep my eyes open for you.

you can get that tank re-valved but it would probably be just as cheap to get a new one if you can find them.

Takes a lot to find them on the CTC website... but here is the link. Just keep plugging in store addresses until you find one. Last year Richmond Hill had some

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/2/BBQsAccessories/BBQTanksBriquettes/PRD~0852061P/4.9%252Blbs.%252BOPD%252BBarbecue%252BTank.jsp?locale=en

Wasaga Beach, Orillia, Barrie all have them.. Midland no or I'd grab one for you tomorrow.

BOTH Oshawa store say in Stock..

Edited by irishfield

Ya, what Wayne said. The new Richmond Hill CTC at Major MacKenzie and Woodbine had them last year.

Joey

Went to fill up the propane tank today only to find out it's expired. Did some running around town trying to find one but no luck. Anyone seem them in the Durham Region - Toronto area recently?

Canadian tire whitby

Thanks for the replies. I had checked out the local CT (Thanks for the link Wayne - went to one of the stores that has inventory and was told they didn't have any :dunno: )and Home Hardware without any luck. Have had good luck at the Whitby location in the past, will check that out tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

They've been found in the past in weird locations in the store.. not with BBQ's.. not with Camping.. just on a random shelf somewhere..

Our Indian Reservations will refill propane into just about anything here in NYS at about half the cost.

Bob :santa:

(Santa thing is getting old, can the Easter Bunny replace him)

now who's going to be the first to try and transport propane tanks across the border?

:tease::tease::tease:

atleast you will make head lines in the news!!!!!!

Edited by skeeter

now who's going to be the first to try and transport propane tanks across the border?

You can hide it on the bumper of your camper.

Art

I have a 5lber been outdated for years,I just fill it myself from a 20 lb tank.

Like gaspumper said, I've been filling my 1 LB'ers for a few years now with a Mac Coupler.

Home Hardware carries 5LB tanks #6422-980 for $44.99 and 8LB tanks #6422-981 for $59.99, probably don't stock them but can get them for you within a week,just quote the number for what ever size tank you want.

The POINT was...maybe your natives also sell propane.....

BTW did you ever buy gasoline on our side of the border... :whistling:

I wonder if this will work to fill a 5LB'er from a 20LB?

8008633.jpg

You need to cut the right hand fitting off and get the fitting the same as the left hand one off of an "OLD" bbq and put it on with a clamp.That's what I use to fill mine,Your 5 LB tank should have a bleed screw in the valve also.It takes about 3 minutes to fill a tank.

Some people shouldn't be advertising their follies when it comes to doing stupid things, go to a propane refill station and if not saving yourself, maybe save the unknowing that's too close for comfort.

Thanks again for all the info. Ended up going to Whitby CT the other night a found a 5 pounder. Went to purge and fill it at the Oshawa CT and the valve leaked. Went into see if they could find the ones they couldn't the other night and they had moved them out and on display. Grabbed one and when filled it leaked as well. Manager gets all the other ones from the display and they start to test them. 3 leaked (+1 from the other location) before we found a good one. Monday morning or Friday afternoon built tanks? Oh well I'll have heat in the hut. Hopefully this one will not leak as time goes on.

Also managed to grab a Mac Coupler for my 1 pounders from Lowe's if anyone is looking for them.

Thanks again.

That's nuts that they leaked like that. Shoddy workmanship for sure, and on a propane tank no less :o:blink:

Thanks again for all the info. Ended up going to Whitby CT the other night a found a 5 pounder. Went to purge and fill it at the Oshawa CT and the valve leaked. Went into see if they could find the ones they couldn't the other night and they had moved them out and on display. Grabbed one and when filled it leaked as well. Manager gets all the other ones from the display and they start to test them. 3 leaked (+1 from the other location) before we found a good one. Monday morning or Friday afternoon built tanks? Oh well I'll have heat in the hut. Hopefully this one will not leak as time goes on.

Also managed to grab a Mac Coupler for my 1 pounders from Lowe's if anyone is looking for them.

Thanks again.

Mine from CTC in Peterborough leaked too. Yet to test the replacement. For that kind of $ I expect safety and then some.