2011 Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations?

GBW

Wait by renewall you mean me buying my 2011 conservation license sticker? I always thought you had to wait until the 2nd of January to get the sticker :blink:

Mike, when is your card due? If you need a new card then do it online for 3-years. Most places get the sticker before the new year so you can be legit for walleye opener on scugog.

I've heard rumour of Rainbow Trout limits being cut to 2 on Lake Ontario from 5

I'm sure that will cause a bit of uproar with the blue zone crowd. And the charters of course. I'd actually be quite surprised if that change was made.

Well they had no problems killing the winter fishing businesses of Zone 11... so Lake O charters shouldn't been an issue either for them. If scientifics back the changes fine.. but Zone 11 was feed by cottage associations not wanting people fishing "their" lake when they aren't around...

I'm sure that will cause a bit of uproar with the blue zone crowd. And the charters of course. I'd actually be quite surprised if that change was made.

The change is already been done on the American side without an uproar, Biologists on both sides of the lake have noticed dwindling Rainbow populations hence the new limits are being discussed.Two Steelies per person is plenty, there is no need for the charters to slaughter 20- 30 rainbows per trip, if you want to fish the blue zone take time to catch & release.

The change is already been done on the American side without an uproar, Biologists on both sides of the lake have noticed dwindling Rainbow populations hence the new limits are being discussed.Two Steelies per person is plenty, there is no need for the charters to slaughter 20- 30 rainbows per trip, if you want to fish the blue zone take time to catch & release.

I agree completely. Those pics with 25 fish layed out on the grass are disgusting. I'm glad it's being changed, just surprised I haven't heard more about it.