Propane Powered Auger

fishnsled

Thought some of you may find this interesting. (Not sure how many of us have our own indoor frozen lake. If you do then you can use this auger indoors.)

NEW! PRO 4, Model 40

industry.jpgPRO4%20LOGO.jpg

• Jiffy® PROPANE POWERED 4-Stroke OHV Engine
  • Clean - No gas
  • No gas smell on your hands
  • No Smoke - Can be operated indoors
  • Quiet - 4 Stroke engine is quiet but powerful.
  • E-Z Start - No priming, no choke, no flooding, and has mitten grip handle
  • Low Maintenance - No mixing of fuel
  • Low Emissions
  • BEST of Class - WORLD Class!
  • HTT (High Torque Transmission), Jiffy®'s proven heavy-duty clutch and optimum gear ratio, transfer more engine energy for additional torque
  • Stealth STXTM - Serrated RipperTM Blade and Power Point Blades last 2-3 times longer than other blades on the market, cutting 25% faster. The STXTM Blades have a 3 Year Limited Warranty.
  • Best Warranty in the Industry ... 1-2-3 Year Limited Warranty - 1 Yr Engine; 2 Yr Transmission; 3 Yr STXTM blades
  • E-Z SnapTM Blade Protector
  • Ideal for Initial Drilling and Redrilling of Ice Holes
  • Available in 8" and 10" Drill Assemblies

They probly mean in a hut. :dunno:

Cool.

Like to see a pic of it and price tag.

I'm sure that's what they meant too Brian, but do you really want to run it without opening a door first?. I guess it's no worst then running a propane heater. Thanks for adding the link Geoff. I wonder what it weighs?

Edited by fishnsled

Better go to the gym first, they weigh a lot more than most of the other options out there. :whistling:

I think the 10" weighs 43#. :w00t: Compare that to a 2 stroke Strikemaster 10 1/4" at 27#.

Then there's the fuel vaporization issue at cold temps.

Propanes boiling point is about -40 and anytime you get close to that LPG will not vaporize.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

91600 btu per gallon of propane $12.35 US per gallon (per 4 disposable cans) with 21% less energy.

115000 btu in a gallon of gas at $2.89 US per gallon. I am pretty sure I will not be jumping on the propane small engine band wagon anytime soon.

Art

Well.. in the temps we fish in.. no thanks! That thing ain't gonna even start when it's -36C !!!

My f150 is propane powered and it has to start on gas to warm up the engine before the propane kicks in. I'm paying 60cent per litre compare to gas a $1.12 I think you would have trouble starting it in cold temps.