Leafs.....

Stoty

Crosby's first couple of years in Pittsburgh did not help there standings either, nor Ovechkin in Washington, nor Teows and Kanes in Chicago, nor Stamkos in Tampa Bay. It takes a few years. Don't worry, Hall and Seguin will be just fine. 2 more years. Again, you can not compare 18 year olds to 23 year olds. Like I said before Kessel only potted 11 goals in his first year and you seem to think he is amazing. Well Hall already has that and Seguin is sneaking up on that and you shrug it off. Face it man, it was a bad trade.

Crosby's first couple of years in Pittsburgh did not help there standings either, nor Ovechkin in Washington, nor Teows and Kanes in Chicago, nor Stamkos in Tampa Bay. It takes a few years. Don't worry, Hall and Seguin will be just fine. 2 more years. Again, you can not compare 18 year olds to 23 year olds. Like I said before Kessel only potted 11 goals in his first year and you seem to think he is amazing. Well Hall already has that and Seguin is sneaking up on that and you shrug it off. Face it man, it was a bad trade.

Watch tonight...Seguin facing the leafs

Forget kessel's winner.... Did u see that goal by kadri?!? Or how about thomas' OT save on beauchemin!!

Prolly the best game the leafs played all season. Forecheck was strong, short passes kept them moving up ice with speed, and lots of shots to the net. Only reason that game wasn't over long before was tim thomas and his outstanding play. Leafs deserved that win. Giguere played great too, 2 goals on 2 bad giveaways.

Kessel played his best game in a couple weeks.

What the hell you do that for Roy. Joe has window seats for free and has Geoff storing the barracades in the basement at Queen and University!

I actually drove the route (well at least the block) three times last night making sure everything was ready to go!!!

(...looking for a parking spot for supper with my sweetheart!)

Edited by irishfield

As a who ever is playing the Leafs fan, a few things I didn't like tonight:

1) Don Cherry saying it's wrong to boo these guys. Sure Brown plays hard, but the whole dam team is losing 5-0 to a team that they should compete with, and it's their 6th time being shut out all season(1/4 of their games). Fans pay huge money to be there, and if they're lifer leafs fans, or casual fans of hockey, it's in their rite to boo the Leafs for their poor play!!!!!

2) The whole "Leafs win, Leafs win" attitude at the end. Players jumping around like they won the cup, and the annoucer doing his best to sound like they just won it all. They should skate of the ice with there heads up for winning, but act they've been there, done it before and will do it again, not like this meant something.

They should skate of the ice with there heads up for winning, but act they've been there, done it before and will do it again, not like this meant something.

Maybe they don't remember being there before (it's been awhile) and who knows when they will do it again

Edited by JohnBacon

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats to the Leafs for ending Timmy's 9 game, NHL all-time record streak, of wins on the road from the start of the season.

Why don't the Leafs play like that every night?

First? Thanks for showing some class. Second? I think they have played well all season, with some bad breaks, like poor last minute penalties, last second goals in Tampa and Buffalo.

We should have at least 3 extra wins(6 extra points).

I actually thoguht the Leafs played a terrible game.With the exception of some flashes of brilliance and good goal tending they were not very good.Numerous give aways that result from very poor positional play.Simple breakouts were being botched time and time again.Centers weren't swinging defence men were not shifting leterally and wingers looking over their shoulders.Every breakout is a finely tuned play with everyone having their role.When it doesnt work you move and adapt. No movement ,no adaptation.

Beauchamin needs to go back to the basics,he is making minor league mistakes.Skating to the weak side and dumping a three foot pass to your flat footed partner is unexceptable.As is his poor timing on the winger along the boards.How many times does the winger needs to squeeeze by before he takes a chance and leans in to him early.That is a sign of a guy who is scared fo getting beat to the inside so delays the hit.

However a win is a win and maybe things will change.

I actually thoguht the Leafs played a terrible game.With the exception of some flashes of brilliance and good goal tending they were not very good.Numerous give aways that result from very poor positional play.Simple breakouts were being botched time and time again.Centers weren't swinging defence men were not shifting leterally and wingers looking over their shoulders.Every breakout is a finely tuned play with everyone having their role.When it doesnt work you move and adapt. No movement ,no adaptation.

Beauchamin needs to go back to the basics,he is making minor league mistakes.Skating to the weak side and dumping a three foot pass to your flat footed partner is unexceptable.As is his poor timing on the winger along the boards.How many times does the winger needs to squeeeze by before he takes a chance and leans in to him early.That is a sign of a guy who is scared fo getting beat to the inside so delays the hit.

However a win is a win and maybe things will change.

Chance knows his hockey! Take the points and move on!

Chance knows his hockey! Take the points and move on!

Thanks....I can handle a team that sucks but pros that dont get the basics I just cant fathom.Hal Gil has bothered me for years as he always turns the wrong way when he pivots.It works for him but every now and then he gets beat because of it.

Thanks....I can handle a team that sucks but pros that dont get the basics I just cant fathom.Hal Gil has bothered me for years as he always turns the wrong way when he pivots.It works for him but every now and then he gets beat because of it.

Hal Gill is one of the worst defencemen in the league. His best skill is having a 7 foot stick.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I watched the game. Very entertaining. Leafs played well. Thomas was incredible. He made half a dozen HUGE saves including "the SAVE"...

As far as Cherry's comments, when has he NOT has his nose up the ass of MLSE? At least he doesn't hide the fan that he's an obvious leafs fan, unlike the rest of the Toronto based sports media figures(tsn, cbc, sportsnet). Every time I hear Joe Bowen call a game I want to vomit.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus