Leafs.....

Stoty

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Is right. The leafs have been getting nothing but bad breaks......We deserved that win. I feel sorry for the monster. The guy is a good goalie. Shen is a great defensemen but offensively he sucks big time. He has to stop pretending to be a goal scorer.

Kulieman line seems to be the only line producing. Kuliemen has to be more disciplined. Drawing crappy penalties, and he has to watch that boarding.

I am still in disbelief. Its like the leafs are cursed.......

Edited by Johnny Bass

I was at the game on Friday night in Buffalo, and honestly, it was the WORST game I've ever seen an NHL team play in a very long time.

They couldn't score, hit, fight, shoot or even get the puck out of their own end!

It was very sad!

Mr. Burke needs to make some HUGE moves...

WOW! Is right. The leafs have been getting nothing but bad breaks......We deserved that win. I feel sorry for the monster. The guy is a good goalie. Shen is a great defensemen but offensively he sucks big time. He has to stop pretending to be a goal scorer.

Kulieman line seems to be the only line producing. Kuliemen has to be more disciplined. Drawing crappy penalties, and he has to watch that boarding.

I am still in disbelief. Its like the leafs are cursed.......

I am in dis-be-leaf as well :rofl2:

Guest Johnny Bass

I am in dis-be-leaf as well :rofl2:

That was disgusting. Now I remember why I stopped watching the leafs for so many years. Reminds me of my luck on the river in poker I have been having lately!

That was definitely a coaching error. Not a team error.Putting Brown in the last minute of play was a smart move. He blocked two good shots. Its just bad luck!

I was cheering and then I said I better not jinx them. And they scored. My brother that stopped watching the leafs, finally watched tonight. And he was laughing, as he ran, really really fast, up the stairs. :angry:

Oh well. I still like our team, but there needs to be some changes for sure.

It comes down to this.

Does Brian Burke feel this team is good enough to make the playoffs? He has said he does. So that would mean he thinks they are not performong up to potential. Meaning they are not being coached well.

Or

Does Brian Burke feel that the coach is doing the best he can with what he has to work with? If so that would incriminate himself.

I am sick of hearing Burke talk out of both sides of his mouth. I am also sick of our smug little coach. I am sick of not having any draft picks.

I would have eagerly watched a rebuild.

Brian Burke is building a Stanley Cup champion. In Boston.

It comes down to this.

Does Brian Burke feel this team is good enough to make the playoffs? He has said he does.

He doesn't care. As long as you guys keep paying the bills and the result is a huge net profit, nothing will change. I quit watching hockey after the last strike. Don't miss it one bit.

I dunno Johnny, that 3rd goal was a pretty good break.

Burke's a smart dude. Making deals in haste or from media pressure is like being on "tilt" in poker.

I am sure he wants to make a move but why go all in if you don't have to.

From my past experience when a team isn't gelling, its usually the coaching team who are to blame. Not only the head coach. Sometimes change is good.

Once again ... is this the sound of people jumping off a bandwagon that I hear?

I said it back at the beginning of the season, when the rest of the city was busy planning the parade route. The Loafs are awful, and as long as guys keep buying hats and jerseys and stupid car flags, pumping record profits into the team year after year, nothing will change.

We will see what is going to happen if Rogers buys the Leafs. The Teachers aren't able to milk any more profits out of the team so they are losing interest. So for 1.3 billion samoleeans we may have a winning team in the next couple of years. I think this year may be another foregone conclusion. I however, remain faithful and hopeful that one day we may relive the glory days of the early '90s with Dougie Gilmour and Wendy Clark et al. where we actually had a chance at the cup.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Brian Burke has destroyed your franchise Leaf Nation and the true rebuild can't begin until him and Peddie are gone...

By trying to rush a rebuild into a year and a half rather than building through the draft for sustainable success like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and the Red Wings, Burke has insured that no matter how poorly the leafs do, they won't improve.

Part of being a GM these days is fiscal management. The way you get a good deal on players? Get'em young. For example, Stamkos, the league's leading scorer is still on an entry level contract earning something like 3.5 million. Sign him as a free agent this summer, and it will be like 7.

For those of you who defend the Kessel trade, JUST STOP IT ! IT WAS IRRESPONSIBLE AND HAS SET YOUR REBUILD BACK 2 YEARS! The leafs now have ZERO depth at centre... do you know who is a centre? Tyler Seguin... Burke did nothing but ensure the sustainability of the Boston Bruins, likely making them a force in the east for at least the next 3 years.

Like everyone says, until Toronto fans stop blindly following the rebuild its not going to improve.

"Brian Burke has destroyed your franchise Leaf Nation and the true rebuild can't begin until him and Peddie are gone...

By trying to rush a rebuild into a year and a half rather than building through the draft for sustainable success like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and the Red Wings, Burke has insured that no matter how poorly the leafs do, they won't improve.

Part of being a GM these days is fiscal management. The way you get a good deal on players? Get'em young. For example, Stamkos, the league's leading scorer is still on an entry level contract earning something like 3.5 million. Sign him as a free agent this summer, and it will be like 7.

For those of you who defend the Kessel trade, JUST STOP IT ! IT WAS IRRESPONSIBLE AND HAS SET YOUR REBUILD BACK 2 YEARS! The leafs now have ZERO depth at centre... do you know who is a centre? Tyler Seguin... Burke did nothing but ensure the sustainability of the Boston Bruins, likely making them a force in the east for at least the next 3 years.

Like everyone says, until Toronto fans stop blindly following the rebuild its not going to improve. "

Hit the nail on the head perfectly!

We will see what is going to happen if Rogers buys the Leafs. The Teachers aren't able to milk any more profits out of the team so they are losing interest. So for 1.3 billion samoleeans we may have a winning team in the next couple of years. I think this year may be another foregone conclusion. I however, remain faithful and hopeful that one day we may relive the glory days of the early '90s with Dougie Gilmour and Wendy Clark et al. where we actually had a chance at the cup.

Ahhh yes 93 and 94 playoffs , we came close and the leafs should have won if not for Gretzky in 93 , we have made it to the playoffs 9 more years since then with 2004 our last , it really hurts to see them in the bottom of the league but we gotta keep the faith. Not sure if the Rogers deal will really change anything in their business model, after all TML is a money machine and will always be. Scouting and good management is the key, look at Detroit RW they rarely ever get great draft picks but they build great teams year after year with good scouting and great management decisions.

If TML can figure out the right pieces of the puzzle we will get all the Leaf defectors back again. It worked for Chicago now its our turn ... lets hope Burke can make it happen.

Guest Johnny Bass

All this chaos....makes me proud to be a Wings fan! :w00t:

Chaos? :rolleyes: We're talking about hockey. Win or lose it doesn't change anything.

I think this team has potential. Get rid of Giguere, the monster to start,bring up the rookie goaltender, get some fresh coaching, teach our defensemen to be more disciplined a few trades and we're good.

Everyone is talking about rebuilding. What do you think Burke has done? We have the youngest team in the league.

Leafs have to get used to each other. The only line with chemistry now is the Kuleiman line. They need at least one more line. We are one center away from a decent team, and two guys away from a great team.

Those who are quick to dismiss the rebuild you take a look in the minors and see who the Leafs have drafted.All the bashers seem to draw back to the kessel deal as an indicator of a non rebuild.So lets say we kept those picks and Seguin is skating on our first line right now.Do we automatically make a run for the cup?Do we at least start winning games?No but there is hope for the future you say......Once again we are the youngest team in the league and look at who we HAVE drafted.

Burke cleared out a mess of a team and has been rebuilding.