Anyone else find cats super annoying?

Rod Caster

i already got his balls cut off so figured i'd let him keep his claws...lol....he doesn't really destroy anythign, far less than my childhood dog did anyways

Both my cats are de-clawed and still have their first digits. There are a few new methods out there that don't require the entire first digit removed (kinda like removing the top section of your finger).. Only the half that housed the nail was removed, got them done the same time I had them spayed/neutered. No worse for the wear, were playing like idiots when I brought them home from the vet..

I'm definitely a cat person, dogs are way to needy... I can leave them home for 1-2days with sufficient food/water and I don't have to worry about them. Perfect for someone if you are living by yourself.

It would appear that a lot of people don't like cats. I find them somewhat more intelligent than dogs. You can leave a big bowl of chow and water out, they will ration themselves for quite a long time in addition to not leaving a couple of coils on the carpet.

Sure, but have you ever seen a cat retrieve a duck?? How about scare off a thief? Give me one good use for a cat?? Ok, they are a good independant pet. So, now you have this pet at home, that you can just leave alone when you want to take off.....nice. How about you just don't get a pet in the first place???

Enlighten me with one more intellegent cat fact!!

I hate 'em!!

S.

Sure, but have you ever seen a cat retrieve a duck?? How about scare off a thief? Give me one good use for a cat?? Ok, they are a good independant pet. So, now you have this pet at home, that you can just leave alone when you want to take off.....nice. How about you just don't get a pet in the first place???

Enlighten me with one more intellegent cat fact!!

I hate 'em!!

S.

At least they're not stupid enough to chase skunks and have a rumble with porkys. And yes I can leave my cat at home alone for a couple days on rare occassions, I have someone come by each day to make sure she's okay.

How about you just don't get a pet in the first place???

S.

That's sort of where I stand right now... we live in a condo, barely enough room for two let alone a cat. If the darn thing paid rent or cooked a meal once in a while I'd let it off the hook, but right now it's just a nuissance. Once I get an acerage, bring on the cats for mice, the dogs for safety and hunting and the outdoor rabbits to make the girls go "awww". Why get a pet if it's less than ideal conditions for it? I think that is my overall issue with cats right now.

It would appear that a lot of people don't like cats. I find them somewhat more intelligent than dogs. You can leave a big bowl of chow and water out, they will ration themselves for quite a long time in addition to not leaving a couple of coils on the carpet.

I have to disagree.....never seen a cat retrieve a duck, pheasant or anything else for that matter. Dogs are used to rescue people and help aid the blind...dogs are used to patrol the peremittor of a fence in area...dogs are also used to sniff out drugs and work hand and hand with our military and police forces around the world....never see a cat do any of that..... :whistling:

I have to disagree.....never seen a cat retrieve a duck, pheasant or anything else for that matter. Dogs are used to rescue people and help aid the blind...dogs are used to patrol the peremittor of a fence in area...dogs are also used to sniff out drugs and work hand and hand with our military and police forces around the world....never see a cat do any of that..... :whistling:

That's what dogs are for :P but FWIW two of our three cats fetch things

We love dogs and cats but our lifestyle doesn't lend itself towards a dog, both at work all day and don't have a secure garden to let a dog out in.

Cats are great companions and don't take up the whole bed :) Must say I'm kind of disappointed by the hate for cats on here :(

Agreed, some of these responses are actually disturbing

Lock it up if they have to... or just take a grain of salt with what you read here.

Do you think anyone is actually eating their cat with catsup on top?

Do you think anyone is really fishing with cats?

Do you think I actually own a rag with ether on it?

mellow.gif

This cat i now own will probably live a long life, on my budget and get away with a lot of bad behavior. A few silly jokes is the least harm done here.

No, i doubt these things are actually being done by posters in the thread.

However.....I dont doubt that ive spent alot of time helping out both dogs and cats in my life and have seen what does go on in this world in terms of abuse and neglect and dont have much of a sense of humor left about it.

Lots of things out there that people disagree on and that effect people in differnet ways based on their experiences. I dont expect you to understand why it effects me one way and you another.

Just my opinion........Im a product of my experiences

Lock it up if they have to... or just take a grain of salt with what you read here.

Do you think anyone is actually eating their cat with catsup on top?

Do you think anyone is really fishing with cats?

Do you think I actually own a rag with ether on it?

mellow.gif

This cat i now own will probably live a long life, on my budget and get away with a lot of bad behavior. A few silly jokes is the least harm done here.

I'm not sure about the catsup, but the local "Mings" down the street serves a tasty deep fried with plum sauce version whistling.gif

No, i doubt these things are actually being done by posters in the thread.

However.....I dont doubt that ive spent alot of time helping out both dogs and cats in my life and have seen what does go on in this world in terms of abuse and neglect and dont have much of a sense of humor left about it.

Lots of things out there that people disagree on and that effect people in differnet ways based on their experiences. I dont expect you to understand why it effects me one way and you another.

Just my opinion........Im a product of my experiences

Fair enough, I'd have very little patience for animal abuse (jokes included) if I had spent as much time as you helping abused animals.

No matter how much this cat bugs me I'll still be nice to it. Humor is just a way of letting off steam.... even if it includes a few off-side comments.smile.gif

Fair enough, I'd have very little patience for animal abuse (jokes included) if I had spent as much time as you helping abused animals.

No matter how much this cat bugs me I'll still be nice to it. Humor is just a way of letting off steam.... even if it includes a few off-side comments.smile.gif

Glad to hear.......like i said, i just get a little testy about it

Here's a nice tee shirt...

July2006OutWestCampingTrip186-1.jpg

When I was on my honeymoon in the beautiful city of TORONTO I purchased a "I Hate Cats" calender...each month it showed a large picture of something nasty to do to cats....all season things....for example, the month of Dec showed a picture of Santa shoving a cat into a snowblower.... :thumbsup_anim:

My wife hated the calendar but everyone that saw it loved it and asked where I got it so they could purchase one....

Bob :devil:

I didn't think anyone was actually doing anything nasty and I'm sure it's all good fun but I have a friend works in a shelter and from what she tells me, there are some properly nasty people out there.

I kind of liked the icefishing rod idea but I can confirm that cats + unattended fly-tying gear = disaster :oops:

I didn't think anyone was actually doing anything nasty and I'm sure it's all good fun but I have a friend works in a shelter and from what she tells me, there are some properly nasty people out there.

I kind of liked the icefishing rod idea but I can confirm that cats + unattended fly-tying gear = disaster oops.gif

haha when i make leaders and spinners I have to keep a close eye on the cat...she'll sneak up and swat at anything that moves...next thing you know beads everywhere.

haha when i make leaders and spinners I have to keep a close eye on the cat...she'll sneak up and swat at anything that moves...next thing you know beads everywhere.

LOL beads are noisy too, even better cat toys! I came back from a bathroom break the other night and our Siamese passed me a with a big lump of egg fly foam in her mouth, cue chasing cat round the house, good job the neighbours can't see me but it made the wife laugh.

Solo - we have 3, what does that say? Actually don't answer that.....;)