Joey & Tybo's BOQ Report

Joey

Paul and I headed down to the BOQ on Thursday afternoon late and arrived around 6:30 p.m. Terry and Lloyd had invited us to dinner, but it was too late by the time we got there so we invited them over to our cabin for a chat.

5199237835_bd687d2a11_b.jpg

5199240027_9194d9566d_b.jpg

After they left Paul and I met some funny people around the fire and chatted with them the rest of the night.

Friday was our best day and the weather was decent. We headed straight past the ferry and Paul got to use the new boards :thumbsup_anim:

5199854192_3899f391f6_b.jpg

Our fish finder is set on fish, not hook (we prefer it that way), and this looked promising, although too deep for us. We don't fish that deep (kill zone). It sure looked like a good sign with that many fish feeding on a bait ball.

5199784068_77d69091db_b.jpg

Not long after the first line goes off and I reeled in this beauty. Not my PB, but my actual second only fish on BOQ :rolleyes::clapping:

5199186873_831a94dd26_b.jpg

Paul was up next with this nice 11 pounder (obviously not his PB either :lol: )

5199787866_eb21b64ab2_b.jpg

Another line goes off some time later and this one did not fight like a pickerel, which it was not. But it was a half decent pike. First one for me on the BOQ.

5199198723_38bb49b6d6_b.jpg

Ever get the feeling someone is watching you hahahaha.

5199194255_a727965b3c_b.jpg

5199195991_ba0c0c736b_b.jpg

5199195743_6d7a693763_b.jpg

These guys flew by us a few times during the day.

5199834612_8a3384f233_b.jpg

That was it for Friday and we headed in so we could meet Terry, Lloyd, Jose and Paul at Gus's Restaurant in Picton.

5199847300_c780f290cd_b.jpg

Here is Jose's mouse turd pie :D

5199247385_361a79d79a_b.jpg

We had a group shopping trip at Giant Tiger after that and then the guys gave us a tour of Picton Harbour Inn, which was pretty nice. We watched a wrestling Tapout match and then headed back to Merland's for another night around the fire.

We all know what Saturday brought us, which is high winds.

5199795624_a7c022b97b_b.jpg

Now Paul did manage to get a really nice pike on in this mess, a 12 pounder or more, and as I went to net it, the net malfunctioned and for some reason bonked the pike right in the head, knocking the lure out of its mouth. I hate when nets go bad :whistling:

Saturday night was the G2G at JJ's Smokehouse and it was great. Lloyd tried potstickers for the first time and liked them :) It was great seeing the guys again and also meeting Team Orangepeel!!!!! Great laughs guys.

Sunday was not much better for wind and a very, very slow day for us. I took some random pics in my boredom.

5199796070_e36a2d5bf6_b.jpg

5199796820_100f5c4d0e_b.jpg

This barge has seen better days.

5199203661_0ec658c208_b.jpg

We ended up with one perch for Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. :wallbash: But it was nice to be out on the water and we had a wicked ride back over the crosswaves. Paul's offshore boating experience came in handy and it was a blast :thumbsup_anim:

This morning we woke up to rain and fog so we decided to head back early instead of fishing for today.

We might head back up for a night in the next few weeks.

So all in all it was a great G2G, even tho Lloyd stole all our fish :P

Here Lloyd and the boys heading off into the sunset

5199841130_fe118e2221_b.jpg

Cheers,

Joey

Great to see you and Paul again. Always a pleasure.

Love the pictures from your camera WOW>> :thumbsup_anim:

See you at the next G2G.

Oh and Terry is really looking forward to have the BOQ G2G trophy.. All he could do was talk about it after he smoked us with his 14lber .. :whistling:

Edited by LeXXington

Love the pictures from your camera WOW>> :thumbsup_anim:

Its funny Paul, I use the two cameras all day long. I leave the zoom on the T2i for the far away shots and then use the old Canon for the closer shots so I dont have to change lenses on the T2i, but some are just fluke. Like the swans. I was fooling around with the zoom on the older canon and was focusing on waves in the distance and the boat was rocking up and down and I see some white things go by so I just snapped the pic and it refocused on the birds instead. I couldn't believe it.

Edited by Joey

Oh and Terry is really looking forward to have the BOQ G2G trophy.. All he could do was talk about it after he smoked us with his 14lber .. :whistling:

Well he's in luck. We talked about that too, his 14 lber winning and we will be bringing it to our first meeting with him on Lake Simcoe for ice fishing, we'll even bring bungee cords so he can strap in onto the front of his sled :thumbsup_anim:

Great to see you and Paul again. Always a pleasure.

Oh and Terry is really looking forward to have the BOQ G2G trophy.. All he could do was talk about it after he smoked us with his 14lber ..

You..... bad person.....LOL

Well he's in luck. We talked about that too, his 14 lber winning and we will be bringing it to our first meeting with him on Lake Simcoe for ice fishing, we'll even bring bungee cords so he can strap in onto the front of his sled thumbsup_anim.gif

My religion doesn't allow me to have trophys...something about false idols

but I hear Lloyd would hold it in my stead

LOL

Like always it was a blast hooking up with you two. Those are great pics!! No more pre flash please I'm still seeing spots lol

Well ice fishing is just around the corner and will give you both an invite to my honey hole lake first ice up for Monster Walleye, Lakers and white fish. You can bring the trophy that weekend for Terry lol Ill even help him put it in his truck :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Like always it was a blast hooking up with you two. Those are great pics!! No more pre flash please I'm still seeing spots lol

Well ice fishing is just around the corner and will give you both an invite to my honey hole lake first ice up for Monster Walleye, Lakers and white fish. You can bring the trophy that weekend for Terry lol Ill even help him put it in his truck :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Likewise Lloyd, and you got a deal on the honey hole lake first ice up, that sounds great, can't wait. Oh, and I'll leave the preflash camera for the fish pics :D

Great report Joey, very nice pics. Too bad that "other boat" took all your fish. :jerry: I hate those net malfunctions as well.:D

Thanks Will, a new net might be in order, that one sucks :rofl2:

Thank you everyone for the great replies :thumbsup_anim: