The Bulls Keep Coming

Jet

As many of you know I've found a new friend to play with on the Centerpin, one Mr. Bull Trout out here in the Rocky Mountains. I've luckily had time to escape from work here and there are here are the results of the last few trips. I have to say that I'm really loving Bull Trout fishing, especially on the Pin. They are aggressive, fight hard and seem to be hungry at all hours of the day!

Hooked into a nice bender

P1000461.jpg

bull7.jpg

bull6.jpg

bighead.jpg

76983_500182271130_624866130_7636076_1214215_n.jpg

bigbull.jpg

Bull4.jpg

bull5.jpg

And here is my Personal Best Bully so far. It put up a massive fight, running me downstream 3 times and spooling a ton of line with each run.

bigbull2.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Wow! That's incredible! Aside from the awesome fishing, I would be happy to just stand on shore looking downstream all day long. The fish are huge! Looks like you settled in nicely. You definitely picked the perfect welcome wagon to hop on. I would love to make the move out west. <kicking myself> I have always wanted to start a life on that side of the country. Many weeks I roamed the mountains with a pack on my back and tent to sleep in. Both my parents were born in BC, and I strongly feel that attachment. I envy that you have chased your passion. Congrats on the PB!

Can those be caught near Abbotsford? I am going to be there the first weekend of Dec.

Yes... I think in higher elevations of the Pitt River... I believe..?

Jet... outstanding post for people here to enjoy. I've read Bulls are called Bulls for reason... as they're quite aggressive and tough fighting. Would love to add one of them, plus a dolly and cutthroat to the life list. One day.

To me, they look so much like their cousins... the laker especially, but with a hint of char in their spots and coloration before the char is anywhere near spawn vibrant.

Hope you catch more. Keep it up dood!

Yeah I have to agree what an amazing scenery......I'd be taking millions of photographs and forget to to fish even if I brought my rod !! Truly is awesome beauty and peaceful. angel.png

Thanks for sharing.

dsn

You're killing me....... stretcher.gif

Maybe it's just me but the overall appearance of some of those Bulls remind me of Taimen.

Either way you're still killing me. :D

I've thought the same thing regarding Taimen. I think you'll have to come here and catch one for yourself to be really sure B)

Congrats on the PB! Looks like an awesome fight.

Curious, what are you using flies? Roe?

I'm using a combination of different baits from wooly buggers, flesh flies, streamers, bucktails and roe. Like Steelhead I find mixing it up until you find what's on the menu that day is the best strategy.

Can those be caught near Abbotsford? I am going to be there the first weekend of Dec.

Sorry I'm not familiar with that area, but I do know that Bullies can be found almost everywhere in BC. If you can find a river, I'd bet it has Bull Trout.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and for allowing me a great community with which to share my adventures.

Yes... I think in higher elevations of the Pitt River... I believe..?

Jet... outstanding post for people here to enjoy. I've read Bulls are called Bulls for reason... as they're quite aggressive and tough fighting. Would love to add one of them, plus a dolly and cutthroat to the life list. One day.

To me, they look so much like their cousins... the laker especially, but with a hint of char in their spots and coloration before the char is anywhere near spawn vibrant.

Hope you catch more. Keep it up dood!

I've thought the same thing regarding Taimen. I think you'll have to come here and catch one for yourself to be really sure B)

I'm using a combination of different baits from wooly buggers, flesh flies, streamers, bucktails and roe. Like Steelhead I find mixing it up until you find what's on the menu that day is the best strategy.

Sorry I'm not familiar with that area, but I do know that Bullies can be found almost everywhere in BC. If you can find a river, I'd bet it has Bull Trout.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and for allowing me a great community with which to share my adventures.

Thanks to both of you. I will run it past my brother in law and see what he thinks.