Even more hockey talk(NF)

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

How many did Ke$$el get tonight? :rofl2:

Seguin scored against the Sens and Timmy posted another shutout, his 3rd of the season. He's 6 - 0 with a .50 GA average. Bruins 4 Sens 0.

Kessel has been opting to pass on the two on ones and his teamates are not connecting. I think Kessel should stop passing when he is one on one with the goalie. And for some reason, Wilson did not want to play Kessel on the power play. Bad coaching!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Perhaps the leafs should keep their feet moving all game, forecheck the hell outta their oponent like they did the 1st 5 games. Short quick passes up ice instead of tryin for the long stretch pass.

Send grabovski to the marlies and bring up a bucket of pucks for that useless waste of ice time and trade kaberle for anythin someone will give u for the biggest defensive liability on the leafs and worst player on the ice each game this season

Guest Johnny Bass

Perhaps the leafs should keep their feet moving all game, forecheck the hell outta their oponent like they did the 1st 5 games. Short quick passes up ice instead of tryin for the long stretch pass.

Send grabovski to the marlies and bring up a bucket of pucks for that useless waste of ice time and trade kaberle for anythin someone will give u for the biggest defensive liability on the leafs and worst player on the ice each game this season

For real! I think they throw 2 hits on a good night. Ever since that knock out, Orr hasn't been the same. What kind of checking line doesn't check? When they check, the crowd reacts and when you have the crowd behind you. Good things happen.

I wouldn't give up Kaberle, unless we get a consistent goal scorer/play maker. Phaneuf and Gabrovski, I'd trade them for a bag of chips.

Lol funny how when the leafs lose a few and habs win a few, the "fans" come out to chirp. But when the habs spiral down and leafs start to win again, they will be nowhere to be found!

Also, how come u all pay more attention to a team u hate then ur own??

Also, how come u all pay more attention to a team u hate then ur own??

thats only because they have nothing to cheer for in their own team just a bunch of pansies. Slumps are going to happen whether you like it or not. Im not making up any excuses for the leafs but they seem to be in a goal scoring slump. The habs on the other hand are on a hot streak thats all it is. Im sure the habs will be fighting for a playoff spot this year just as much as the leafs will, so keep on chirping well see who comes out on top when all is said and done.

I think Wilson is the big damper here on the team. They were flying free style and doing as they pleased and winning.I think Wilson has said my way or the highway.He dosent like the open game.I say Wilson,you take the highway and let them play.

Me thinks he,s on his way out very soon.

Guest Johnny Bass

I think Wilson is the big damper here on the team. They were flying free style and doing as they pleased and winning.I think Wilson has said my way or the highway.He dosent like the open game.I say Wilson,you take the highway and let them play.

Me thinks he,s on his way out very soon.

After that disgusting loss on Saturday? I think so. I was sick to my stomach when they scored that goal with 14 seconds left. They should have been aggressively fore checking.They were fumbling the puck in the last 2 minutes of play big time. They just let them walts into their end and set up. That allowed their goalie to come out of the net also.

Not soon enough. He has to go now! He should have been gone years ago. Either he is really cheap or it is political.I'm surprised there wasn't severe booing! Its bad enough I started watching hockey again, but I will not be going to the AC center just to watch the leafs lose! Man we had that win in the bag! What a disappointment.......

Guest Johnny Bass

they really need to fork out the cash for another big name player up front - send Kaberle and Gab as a package.. i'm sure SOMEONE will take it..

Kaberle and Phaneuf I want to trade for forwards.

Are people really surprised by the leaves dropping back? Look at their line up. They have improved on defence (although their d-core is overrated) and have improved in net but their top six is the weakest top six in the NHL. Kessel is a good goal scorer but is a bit of a one-trick pony. Great speed, great release, won't go near a corner and won't plant in front of the net. Which is fine, he is what he is - but did people really expect Macarther to keep the pace he set, or Brent. Outside of Kessel their isn't a single top six player on the Leafs who would make the top six on just about every other team in the league. Their #1 centre is about 50 games into his career and while serviceable, sure as heck isn't a #1 centre in the NHL.

They are a bottom 5 team and will finish pretty much where they finished last year, which would be fine for Leaf fans if they were in the process of rebuilding correctly - see Chicago, Pittsburgh, Edmonton who although a work in progress will next year have Eberle, Hall, Paajarvi-Svensson, likely another top five pick this year along with a handful of good third and fourth year players.The difference between the Leafs and the Oilers is that the Oilers have some light at the end of the tunnel they are in.

This is taken from mapleleafs.com, but I couldnt have said it any better so I stole it...lol Its in regards to Kadri, we need him NOW! Wilson is a hater and a hack.!

How many leaf forwards are adept two-way players? Is Bozak? Brent? MacArthur, Kessel?

Versteeg was brought in because he was supposed to be responsible at both ends, he has 2 goals and is a -4. point being you can't solely place the deficiencies or success of team defense on one guy. Kadri may not be the best defensively but who is brave enough to argue he is not one of our top 3 forwards offensively?

He should be called up his skill is desperately needed here. Team defense is just that team defense, if he is having problems picking up the philosophy I can't think of a better season to help him learn it. We have probably the most expensive back end roster, if and when he makes a mistake we should have enough horses to help cover up those mistakes. If a roster that has spent 27M on defenders and goalies can't help mask the mistakes of a rookie, then we have a completely different set of problems here...

This is taken from mapleleafs.com, but I couldnt have said it any better so I stole it...lol Its in regards to Kadri, we need him NOW! Wilson is a hater and a hack.!

Sorry to say,but Kadri is nowhere ready. I watched the last game he was in against the Sens farm team. He was being man handled and pushed of the puck like a peewee player.He,s got talent no dought,just needs to work on building strength.

So now that the Loafs have dropped six straight (and counting), what happened to all the giddy chatter about possible playoff match-ups, how many rounds they will go, and how THIS COULD BE THE YEAR??? Two months ago, that's all anyone would talk about - to the point it got to be nauseating.

And now ...... hmmm. Is that the sound of people diving off the bandwagon that I hear?

Again?

Good God, they even lost to the Senators. How pathetic is that?

I said it back in September when so many of you guys were busy planning the parade route - Leafs still suck, and once again, will go absolutely nowhere.

Just accept it and move on :-)

Sorry to say,but Kadri is nowhere ready. I watched the last game he was in against the Sens farm team. He was being man handled and pushed of the puck like a peewee player.He,s got talent no dought,just needs to work on building strength.

Well what better place to build? This is getting worse by the day. Let the kid learn with the big boys.I tought he did awesome in the preseason then wilson cut is ice time by 11 minutes so he could burry im in the minors.Wilson was Quoted as saying he (kadri) had a bad additude, come on Really? Lets hope Burke was able to get some trade chatter going at the GM's meeting yesterday.I honestly think Wilson has lost the team.Burke needs to seriously look into That too.Let the haters hate I suppose. Just for the record ill never jump off the wagon, there is way to much beer on it for me to leave :thumbsup_anim:

Well, I'm back to living in familiar territory again! As I mentioned in an earlier post about the Leafs, I asked the haters to allows us leaf fans to enjoy the moment, as history has indicated that their success would be fleeting... and obviously it was! LOL

The team seems to me anyway, to be lacking motivation. They come out of the dressing room for the beginning of the game and they all look totally dis-interested... but come the 3rd period, they are actually starting to skate... unfortunately by that point in the game, they are typically already way behind and struggling to get back in the game.

I really have a hard time understanding how a professional athlete can have a difficult time getting motivated. They simply have to look at their bank deposit slips and that in itself, should be motivation!

I think that they must be some sort of dis-connect between the coaching staff and the team... is it not the role of the coaches to get the team fired up for a game?

During their "fast start", they out worked and out skated their opponents... haven't seen anything like that in the last number of games...

Maybe they need some tough love? Maybe they need to have their cheques held for some time, to get them motivated or maybe, just maybe, we are once again seening the ugly "I'm a Toronto Maple Leaf, so it doesn't matter what I do, everyone makes money" syndrom we have been tarnished with for decades!

it won't be long before the "fans" start booing players again and yah know what, I think it warranted... You pay you're dough, you get a say. Maybe that in of it's self, will get these guys motivated.

the Marlies aren't far away, I'd be having cabs waiting outside the Ricoh Centre to send players back and forth!

HH

Ps... but it's still better than being a Sens fan! LMAO!

Guest Johnny Bass

I bet they outplayed their opponents again :rofl2: .

Ke$$el is going for a new record, he's gone 5 games without a point, his best is 6 games.

I was waiting for this. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

We got out played by both Tampa and Florida. No question.

But I still think we have an ok team. It has to do with bad coaching and confidence.

We do the same mistakes over and over and the coach doesn't make the players aware? I finally seen some improvements in the Florida game but the man to man coverage in our defensive zone is horrible! In the tampa game I seen all 5 leafs chasing the puck and leaving their men. How they could keep Stavros in the clear is puzzling to me.

With Kessel is psychological. Every since that game in Boston that got into his head, he hasn't been the same.

Same thing with Orr. The checking line was doing great at the beginning of the season.Every since he got knocked out he has been played horrible. We have a checking line that doesn't check!!! FInally we seen some bodies flying in fLorida tonight.

Gustavson played well but let in a weak goal. A few soft penalties were called against the leafs tonight which led to two goals.Giguere was off to a great start in tampa making some great saves, but after the first it was all down hill. Why are they always on there knees?? Who is our goalie coach????Guigere also backed up to slow on the shoot out.

They finally improved their power play and were practicing one timers. They finally seen how other players score on one timers on the power pl ay. In the Tampa bgame they had a 5 on 3 aqnd they passed the puck for the entire power play. I was freaking out! ANd when they did shoot, they were so slow it would get blocked. Thats why most leaf shots are blocked. They wait to long to shoot the puck.

Even before the goal I was thinking Gabrovski has picked up his game. Lebda has alot of skill but he has to remember he is a defensemen not a forward. Komasarek and Schenn are our top defencemen.

Were on a major slump and the sad thing is we should have lost that game to Florida and it should be longer but we should have won that game in buffalo.

Anyways, thats my take :whistling:

Edited by Johnny Bass

Disclaimer: Not a leafs fan.

Versteeg and kessel are just fine. They need a number one center yesterday. Bozo is too weak and can't win a faceoff. If the team had an inspiring first line the rest of the boys would buck up.

Sad to see them hit the ground hard after a good start.

Always cheer for the underdog is my philosophy.

I was waiting for this. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

We got out played by both Tampa and Florida. No question.

But I still think we have an ok team. It has to do with bad coaching and confidence.

We do the same mistakes over and over and the coach doesn't make the players aware? I finally seen some improvements in the Florida game but the man to man coverage in our defensive zone is horrible! In the tampa game I seen all 5 leafs chasing the puck and leaving their men. How they could keep Stavros in the clear is puzzling to me.

With Kessel is psychological. Every since that game in Boston that got into his head, he hasn't been the same.

Same thing with Orr. The checking line was doing great at the beginning of the season.Every since he got knocked out he has been played horrible. We have a checking line that doesn't check!!! FInally we seen some bodies flying in fLorida tonight.

Gustavson played well but let in a weak goal. A few soft penalties were called against the leafs tonight which led to two goals.Giguere was off to a great start in tampa making some great saves, but after the first it was all down hill. Why are they always on there knees?? Who is our goalie coach????Guigere also backed up to slow on the shoot out.

They finally improved their power play and were practicing one timers. They finally seen how other players score on one timers on the power pl ay. In the Tampa bgame they had a 5 on 3 aqnd they passed the puck for the entire power play. I was freaking out! ANd when they did shoot, they were so slow it would get blocked. Thats why most leaf shots are blocked. They wait to long to shoot the puck.

Even before the goal I was thinking Gabrovski has picked up his game. Lebda has alot of skill but he has to remember he is a defensemen not a forward. Komasarek and Schenn are our top defencemen.

Were on a major slump and the sad thing is we should have lost that game to Florida and it should be longer but we should have won that game in buffalo.

Anyways, thats my take :whistling:

While I am no fan of that arogant sourpuss Wilson I don`t believe Mr.Bass that he is the problem I will tell you what the problem ist he other arogant dude is your biggest problem Burke is so full of himself it`s scary.

You look at all the teams that are starting to be competative and sucessful what is the common theme young highly drafted kids, just look at Pittsburgh,Washington,Chicago,Tampa etc. for the most part these teams were built with draft picks and the odd free agent thrown in for some depth.

So along comes Mr.Burke and says I am smarter than everybody else and I don`t want be bad for 3 years so I am going to trade and buy my way to contender status.Well here`s a news flash for you Mr.Burke you still stink you trade away 3 draft picks for a guy who is better suited for the Battle of the Blades the the NHL,Kessel grow a pair you puss!

Over paying a bunch of mediocre free agents and trading for a few more average Joes is not going to make the Leafs a contender,the same applies for all the other middle of the pack teams.