Even more hockey talk(NF)

Guest Johnny Bass

Burke and Wilson need to get their :asshat: kicked to the curb as a pair. It's the only thing that will set the Leafs on a better path to the future, which is still a long way off. I was born in 1969 and raised as a Leafs fan (Habs second, thanks to Grandfather on mother's side :) thanks Grandpa!). I'm only 41. There's still a chance I might see a cup in my lifetime.

I feel for fellow Leafs fans that are over 60 :rolleyes:

Guest Johnny Bass

Disclaimer: Not a leafs fan.

Versteeg and kessel are just fine. They need a number one center yesterday. Bozo is too weak and can't win a faceoff. If the team had an inspiring first line the rest of the boys would buck up.

Sad to see them hit the ground hard after a good start.

Always cheer for the underdog is my philosophy.

Bozo can't win a faceoff? That's why they are 5th in the league! :rolleyes: Thanks to Bozak and partly Zigomanis.

I've said it before. Kessel has no one anywhere near his calibre to play with, though Bosak has shown great promise. But our most productive line is the Kuleimen line......

Kessel definitely needs some help. PHaneuf and Kaberle gotta go, and if Armstrong doesn't pic up his game when he comes back, he should go too.

Guest Johnny Bass

While I am no fan of that arogant sourpuss Wilson I don`t believe Mr.Bass that he is the problem I will tell you what the problem ist he other arogant dude is your biggest problem Burke is so full of himself it`s scary.

You look at all the teams that are starting to be competative and sucessful what is the common theme young highly drafted kids, just look at Pittsburgh,Washington,Chicago,Tampa etc. for the most part these teams were built with draft picks and the odd free agent thrown in for some depth.

So along comes Mr.Burke and says I am smarter than everybody else and I don`t want be bad for 3 years so I am going to trade and buy my way to contender status.Well here`s a news flash for you Mr.Burke you still stink you trade away 3 draft picks for a guy who is better suited for the Battle of the Blades the the NHL,Kessel grow a pair you puss!

Over paying a bunch of mediocre free agents and trading for a few more average Joes is not going to make the Leafs a contender,the same applies for all the other middle of the pack teams.

My brother hates both Burke and Wilson. He doesn't trust Americans running a Canadian hockey team.lol The draft game is all about getting lucky and having good scouts. The leafs dont seem to have those. Kessel is a proven goal scorer but lacks support. Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, ALL have support.

Burke said he would build his team up from the goalie and up. We have some goaltending, we have some defense but the Phaneuf trade was a bomb. Now he needs to get some goal scorers.

We are a couple of trades away from a good team. Maybe not a stanley cup team, but team that will not only make the playoffs, but have a good run.

To me the problem is definitely coaching. The biggest problem right now being lack of scoring(which I believe will pick up) and man to man coverage in our end(horrible). They look like chickens running around with their heads cut off.

My brother hates both Burke and Wilson. He doesn't trust Americans running a Canadian hockey team

The Canadian in me agrees with this, but there's a reason these guys were 1 and 2 in the US hockey program in the 2010 Olympics. Remember the guys that put together and coached a team that roflstomped Canada in the round robin and made us crap our pants with just seconds to go in the finals? There's a reason they have highly distinguished careers. Remember the team that we had before Burkey came in? At least this team doesn't make the bile in my stomache turn. They might be losing, clearly slumping, and deflated, but at least they have character.

The draft game is all about getting lucky and having good scouts

Exactly. Keep in mind that it's easy to look back in hindsight at certain events and make claims about decisions. Say the leafs kept their 1st round pick, there is no guarantee that they would get the top pick for Hall or Seguin. They would be guaranteed a solid player, but it's still a lottery.

We are a couple of trades away from a good team. Maybe not a stanley cup team, but team that will not only make the playoffs, but have a good run.

I agree, but don't expect those "couple of trades" to come easily or quickly. I believe that there is interest in certain players on the leaf roster. The leafs D core (which isn't turning out to have chemistry) is still comprised of many proven vets that tons of teams would love to have. Still, don't expect anything until the deadline, and prepare for this current squad to shoulder the majority of this season's record.

To me the problem is definitely coaching. The biggest problem right now being lack of scoring

Ron Wilson will get the job done. The lack of scoring comes from lack of talent, plain and simple. My concern is that Wilson tends to be a defensive-system coach, and I'm not seeing coordination or consistency from the D at all.

Bozo can't win a faceoff? That's why they are 5th in the league! rolleyes.gif Thanks to Bozak and partly Zigomanis.

I've said it before. Kessel has no one anywhere near his calibre to play with, though Bosak has shown great promise. But our most productive line is the Kuleimen line......

Kessel definitely needs some help. PHaneuf and Kaberle gotta go, and if Armstrong doesn't pic up his game when he comes back, he should go too.

Ok, Bozo has good numbers overall...I watched yesterday and he was brutal.

You should be coach Johnny Bass.... the senators could use more fans.sarcasm.gif

Sorry to say,but Kadri is nowhere ready. I watched the last game he was in against the Sens farm team. He was being man handled and pushed of the puck like a peewee player.He,s got talent no dought,just needs to work on building strength.

I don't necessarily agree Brian. Letting your best young talent "serve their time" in the minors is a archaic way of thinking. Burkie has spent waaay to much money and given up waaay too much in draft choices for second and third line players and will never admit to a mistake. Wilson needs to realize "it's broken" and make some radical changes to the line up even if that means making some of the overpaid undermotivated buffoons take a spell riding the pine and give some of the young un's an opportunity to shine..

Just sayin'

My brother hates both Burke and Wilson. He doesn't trust Americans running a Canadian hockey team.lol The draft game is all about getting lucky and having good scouts. The leafs dont seem to have those. Kessel is a proven goal scorer but lacks support. Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, ALL have support.

Burke said he would build his team up from the goalie and up. We have some goaltending, we have some defense but the Phaneuf trade was a bomb. Now he needs to get some goal scorers.

To me the problem is definitely coaching. The biggest problem right now being lack of scoring(which I believe will pick up) and man to man coverage in our end(horrible). They look like chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Crosby,OV and Toews are in a different class than Kessel.

The leafs team that we are watching right now are not the same, in the first four games they were confident making good passes and getting shots through to the net! They need to do that again they have made the game way too complicated with their stretch passes, that have resulted in countless give aways and countless odd man rushes. Also they need to start one timing again, am i the only one who noticed that when they are set up in the offensive zone when they receive a pass it is almost as if they wait for everyone on the defensive side to get in position to either block the shot or poke check it away from them. BRING BACK THE ONE TIMERS AND GET BODIES IN FRONT OF THE NET and the team will be back on track. Also dont make stupid passes. IMO the problem is not with the coaching staff or the management its the team itself making bad choices of how they play the game. The playoffs are still a long time away so all those habs and sens fans dont get too cozy in your playoff spots because you never know what will happen besides we beat you both.

Bassmaster 4

GO LEAFS GO

Guest Johnny Bass

Ok, Bozo has good numbers overall...I watched yesterday and he was brutal.

You should be coach Johnny Bass.... the senators could use more fans.sarcasm.gif

If only! I'd rather by GM.lol I'd bring a cup home for sure!

Crosby,OV and Toews are in a different class than Kessel.

True, but give him a few good players to play with and I think he has the potential to be an 80+ point scorer.

Any way you look at it the laffs are the most pathetic excuse for a hockey team and continue to be an embarassment to the league, players and management.

They are so bad I almost feel sorry for them but for the arrogance of the fans I hope they suck nightly...and they never disappoint.

The complete lack of the fans to recognize the brutality is comical at best.

If the fans actually weren't a bunch of team puppets they might be able to change the direction of the team by refusing to support the garbage being stuffed down their throats by the team....

But they (the laffs) will keep sucking, the fans will keep going to the games and jokes the likes of furgeson and burke will be portrayed as knight is shining armour only to disappoint once again.

going for the 11th loss in a row and still sucking. :clapping::w00t:

musky matt you really seem to like to rip the leafs up is it because we have a better history than your team? or because we have knocked your beloved sens out of the playoffs countless times? it seems that your dislike of the leafs goes beyond the make up of the organization, its what our organization has done to yours in the past!

Any way you look at it the laffs are the most pathetic excuse for a hockey team and continue to be an embarassment to the league, players and management.

They are so bad I almost feel sorry for them but for the arrogance of the fans I hope they suck nightly...and they never disappoint.

The complete lack of the fans to recognize the brutality is comical at best.

If the fans actually weren't a bunch of team puppets they might be able to change the direction of the team by refusing to support the garbage being stuffed down their throats by the team....

But they (the laffs) will keep sucking, the fans will keep going to the games and jokes the likes of furgeson and burke will be portrayed as knight is shining armour only to disappoint once again.

going for the 11th loss in a row and still sucking. :clapping::w00t:

:wallbash: Unreal....

musky matt you really seem to like to rip the leafs up is it because we have a better history than your team? or because we have knocked your beloved sens out of the playoffs countless times? it seems that your dislike of the leafs goes beyond the make up of the organization, its what our organization has done to yours in the past!

I used to be a leaf fan...a huge leaf fan at that.

I put in my time...almost 30 yrs cheering for nothing. A move to Ottawa and a new team, it wasn't a hard decision. Heck I still would cheer for the laffs if they were th only Canadian team left in the playoffs.

I got tired of all the stupidy of the organization and havn't looked back...the sens are a classy organization and have put out to give the team a good product.

Look at the finishes they have had in the last 10 yrs...impressive. :clapping:

The leaf managemant woould be well served to give a decent product to the fans.

They'd be a lot classier.. if they'd get rid of Alfredson.. just sayin.. B):D:whistling:

Alfie is the best example of a franchise player you will find, 1000 games with one team, hometown discount, leads by example. Sundin tried to do that and the fans bood him out of town.

Add to that Alfie pissed off leaf nation....I think he should be knighted... :worthy::worthy::jerry::w00t:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

ya. we'd be a lot better off without the longest serving captain in the nhl... a guy who may end up in the HHOF.

now if you had said kovalev i might have agreed.

Alfie is the best example of a franchise player you will find, 1000 games with one team, hometown discount, leads by example.

Admitting you are a frustrated Leafs fan is the first step,good for you.Not to worry you are not alone we are all frustrated with them.On the other hand to say Alfredson is the best example of a franchise player who LEADS by example...welll..thats just funny and gives an insight into your overall hockey knowledge.He is a decent player without a doubt but hardly a role model.

A good example of his "non leadership" abilities can be found here

Elimination game and you wave your stick at a season ending goal.Not much of a franchise player leading by example,then again they have been following that early exit example for years.

You want players that lead by example,take a look at brendan shanahan,mark messier,steve yzerman,joe sakic,henri richard,jean béliveau... those are a small sampling of guys that lead by example.

As Leaf fans we KNOW the Leafs suck right now.We HOPE for better in the future but dont necessarily expect it.So continue to point out the obvious but next time put a little bit of thought into it please.

Kadri has been recalled to the team today.

They should recall the whole team...they sure seem defective. rofl2.gif sorry.

here is a Burke quote on Kadri:

"I told him, you're not a savior here," said Burke. "We brought you in to give us a spark and don't carry the weight of the world. The group has to turn this around -- 20 players have to fix this, not one player or two players."