Even more hockey talk(NF)

Guest Johnny Bass

As Leaf fans we KNOW the Leafs suck right now.We HOPE for better in the future but dont necessarily expect it.So continue to point out the obvious but next time put a little bit of thought into it please.

Well Put!!

Prediction: Versteeg gets 65 Points this season. Hes a great player, give him time.

:w00t::w00t: Sens, Habs win....laff loss...all is well in hockey land!! :thumbsup_anim:

2 points out of last place and closing in fast..... :w00t:

Does anyone know what the longest losing streak of the laffs is? I'm guessing they are not close yet but stand a chance of beating it with the team they have now.

Is it just me or does Burke look about 40 yrs older than he did 12 games ago :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Allow me to correct myself.

Now that the Loafs have dropped EIGHT straight, and lost - ahem - 11 of their last 12 games ........

In the words of Tom Petty: Freeee fallin'

Ahhh I see, starting to show your true colours.Posting constant updates,another closet Leafs fan.You certainly do follow them closely. whistling.gif

Edited by Chance

w00t.gifw00t.gif Sens, Habs win....laff loss...all is well in hockey land!! thumbsup_anim.gif

2 points out of last place and closing in fast..... w00t.gif

Does anyone know what the longest losing streak of the laffs is? I'm guessing they are not close yet but stand a chance of beating it with the team they have now.

Is it just me or does Burke look about 40 yrs older than he did 12 games ago w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Once again....As Leaf fans we KNOW the Leafs suck right now.We HOPE for better in the future but dont necessarily expect it.So continue to point out the obvious but next time put a little bit of thought into it please.

Ahhh I see, starting to show your true colours.Posting constant updates,another closet Leafs fan.You certainly do follow them closely. whistling.gif

Nope, not a Loaf fan and honestly couldn't care less about them. But I live in the GTA, and it's all people around me talk about - even on internet fishing boards.

That's one reason I can't help snickering when I hear Loaf fans get all excited when they win a game or two. Loafs started the season by apparently winning three games in a row. People all over the GTA were talking about playoff match-ups. I mean, it's only three games into the season. But they weren't joking - they were perfectly serious. Talk about desperate.

Loaf fans make me laugh. What more can I say?

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Nope, not a Loaf fan and honestly couldn't care less about them. But I live in the GTA, and it's all people around me talk about - even on internet fishing boards.

That's one reason I can't help snickering when I hear Loaf fans get all excited when they win a game or two. Loafs started the season by apparently winning three games in a row. People all over the GTA were talking about playoff match-ups. I mean, it's only three games into the season. But they weren't joking - they were perfectly serious. Talk about desperate.

Loaf fans make me laugh. What more can I say?

Go Leafs go whistling.gif

When did he become a great player? I think you have to become a good player before a great player! :wallbash:

Have you ever even played?? house league dont count! Some of your comments are way off...

His fundamentals are stellar, as is his nose for the puck. Chemistry with his linemates will come.

my 2 cents

Guest Johnny Bass

I think Brain is right. Kadri played well but he was manhandled. The leafs over all played great. The only difference being that their goalie outplayed our goalie(seems to be a common theme). Simple as that.

Still, we can improve on our man to man coverage in our end. People are scoring because they are being left all alone in front of the net.

Have you ever even played?? house league dont count! Some of your comments are way off...

His fundamentals are stellar, as is his nose for the puck. Chemistry with his linemates will come.

my 2 cents

You know what in your opinion Versteeg is a great player thats your opinion and your entilted to it.

IMHO greatness is something you earn and frankly I have not seen anything in his play that convinces me of his greatness.

BTW for what it`s worth I did play but was more into coaching advanced level, coached many young players that went on to play various levels of Junior hockey and NCAA including a couple that were NHL drafted.

You know what in your opinion Versteeg is a great player thats your opinion and your entilted to it.

IMHO greatness is something you earn and frankly I have not seen anything in his play that convinces me of his greatness.

BTW for what it`s worth I did play but was more into coaching advanced level, coached many young players that went on to play various levels of Junior hockey and NCAA including a couple that were NHL drafted.

than apparently you didnt watch his performaces last season, OR the year before for that matter. Most coaches I've worked with would agree 100%. He has a great eye for the puck, his positioning is excellent...

He finished his first full season in the show he with 22 goals and 53 points! second in rookie scoring to Bobby Ryan, he was nominated for the Calder Trophy

Sometimes getting acclimated to a new team, a new system and new linemates comes easy, and on other teams there's a learning curve. Kris Versteeg is too good to maintain this current pace...

That's because Versteeg had talent to play with which is in short supply in TO. Here is the latest ranking from the national post Nov 15th, 2010.

Here at Posted Sports, we figure it’s better to get a somewhat clearer view of the picture before prognosticating.

That’s why the first edition of our 2010-11 NHL Rankings is coming to you a little more than a month into the season. We just figure nobody needs to see the Toronto Maple Leafs at No. 4. Cough.

So what have we learned through the first six weeks of the schedule? Well, West is still best and the Maple Leafs, Islanders and Oilers still aren’t very good.

For the rest of the season, look for the Posted Sports NHL Rankings every Monday morning at 9 a.m. ET. And without further ado, your new No. 1:

1. Los Angeles Kings (12-3-0)

Scarier than their record: Drew Doughty scored his first goal on Saturday vs. NYI.

2. Washington Capitals (12-4-1)

Offence still unquestionable. Without Varlamov, goaltending still a major issue.

3. Philadelphia Flyers (11-4-2)

Core locked up after Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter signed extensions this week.

4. Detroit Red Wings (11-3-1)

Norris at 40? Nicklas Lidstrom has 17 points in 15 games.

5. Vancouver Canucks (10-4-2)

Gave up nothing to get healthy scratch Keith Ballard and it was still too much.

6. Montreal Canadiens (11-5-1)

Carey Price currently unfamiliar with the word “pressure.”

7. St. Louis Blues (9-3-3)

Two losses in two games without leading scorer T.J. Oshie (broken ankle).

8. Boston Bruins (8-5-1)

Eleven goals in four games have ballooned Tim Thomas’s GAA to 1.45.

9. Anaheim Ducks (10-7-1)

Ryan Getzlaf has seven goals on just 29 shots (24%). He should shoot more.

10. San Jose Sharks (8-5-2)

Ditto Joe Thornton, who has six goals on 20 shots (30%).

11. Pittsburgh Penguins (9-8-1)

Sidney Crosby has 12 points in his past five games.

12. Ottawa Senators (9-7-1)

Brian Elliott once again rendering Pascal Leclaire irrelevant.

13. Columbus Blue Jackets (9-6-0)

No goals in 15 games for Russian enigma Nikita Filatov.

14. Tampa Bay Lightning (8-6-2)

Have lost five of six — and big centre Vincent Lecavalier (broken hand).

15. Phoenix Coyotes (7-5-5)

Just one goal in 15 games for top flight forward Wojtek Wolski.

16. Chicago Blackhawks (8-9-2)

Brian Campbell’s return will boost shaky defence, offence.

17. Colorado Avalanche (8-7-1)

Top three scorers — Stewart, Stastny and Hejduk — are a collective minus-13.

18. Nashville Predators (7-5-3)

All-world defenceman Shea Weber sporting ugly minus-8 rating.

19. New York Rangers (8-7-1)

Can Brandon Dubinsky maintain a hot start for once?

20. Dallas Stars (8-7-0)

Strange: Mike Ribeiro averaging near a point per game … with zero goals.

21. Atlanta Thrashers (7-7-3)

Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd thriving minus Blackhawks’ all-stars.

22. Minnesota Wild (7-6-2)

Niklas Backstrom — 2.06 GAA, .930 SV% — back on all-star form.

23. Florida Panthers (7-8-0)

Weiss, Olesz and Frolik still struggling to put it all together.

24. Carolina Hurricanes (8-9-0)

Jeff Skinner — 15 pts. in 17 games — looks 12, plays like he’s 28.

25. Buffalo Sabres (6-9-3)

Ryan Miller fantasy owners are cursing the day.

26. Calgary Flames (7-9-0)

The Sutters’ Frankenstein is what we thought it was.

27. New Jersey Devils (5-10-2)

How long before we regularly use the expression “Kovalchuk Curse?”

28. Toronto Maple Leafs (5-8-3)

Boston’s sprint to the first overall pick in 2011 is on.

29. Edmonton Oilers (4-8-3)

On the bright side, only two more seasons of Nikolai Khabibulin.

30. New York Islanders (4-10-3)

Garth Snow era starting to look like Mike Milbury era.