Even more hockey talk(NF)

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

They were saying it may be all the pressure being put on Versteeg, that is to blame, so lets take some of that pressure off. Maybe he will pick up his game. I think we have two solid lines now.

its about time! He is at best a 2nd liner. But Johnny comeon , the pressure? Really? I mean he is in Toronto, cant take the heat , dont play in Toronto..Burke was on billy waters show yesterday. He says they have 4.7 mill in cap space plus a trade so were now in the market for a 6mill player! He has had 2 solid hits in the bast 24 hrs."Not nibbles , nibles are different from Hits", says burke(must be a fisherman). There are a large amount of teams out there that are in cap trouble! Id like to see richards come to TO!!!

Hes a good player but he is trying way to hard got to relax out there , he knows our offence is slim , he has to go back to what was working in preseason , just has to relax , lossen up the grip on his stick and make those passes he is so able to , hard place to play but if you do good lots of upside . Hes still young has tons of talent Im sure he will come around . Now who is Burke after , cant wait to see , team is headed in right direction , give Burke some time , even the Philly game was better than any last year , fun team to watch .

Guest Johnny Bass

its about time! He is at best a 2nd liner. But Johnny comeon , the pressure? Really? I mean he is in Toronto, cant take the heat , dont play in Toronto..Burke was on billy waters show yesterday. He says they have 4.7 mill in cap space plus a trade so were now in the market for a 6mill player! He has had 2 solid hits in the bast 24 hrs."Not nibbles , nibles are different from Hits", says burke(must be a fisherman). There are a large amount of teams out there that are in cap trouble! Id like to see richards come to TO!!!

He went from third line to first, and given alot more ice time. Not to mention, the Toronto Media has really been shinning the light on him.I'd like to see Richards come to T.O also. Man, Phaneuf has to improve his defense(play the body more) or I think we should start benching him.......Komisarek, great defensively but man does he needs some work offensively. And I'd rather have Lebda then Gunnarsson.

Hes a good player but he is trying way to hard got to relax out there , he knows our offence is slim , he has to go back to what was working in preseason , just has to relax , lossen up the grip on his stick and make those passes he is so able to , hard place to play but if you do good lots of upside . Hes still young has tons of talent Im sure he will come around . Now who is Burke after , cant wait to see , team is headed in right direction , give Burke some time , even the Philly game was better than any last year , fun team to watch .

What was working is short passes and the team coming out of their end as a team. Versteeg will pick up his scoring. Its only a mater of time. Maybe it will be better for him to loosen up on the second line.

They were saying it may be all the pressure being put on Versteeg, that is to blame, so lets take some of that pressure off. Maybe he will pick up his game. I think we have two solid lines now.

That happens when you take a third line guy and announce to the world that he is the new first line guy.

Last week you said you had two great lines now it`s two good lines IMHO right now you have one okay line.

BTW did you see who is in first in the conference!!!Just saying :clapping:

I hope the Leafs win to-nite or it may start to get ugly!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

That happens when you take a third line guy and announce to the world that he is the new first line guy.

Last week you said you had two great lines now it`s two good lines IMHO right now you have one okay line.

BTW did you see who is in first in the conference!!!Just saying :clapping:

I hope the Leafs win to-nite or it may start to get ugly!!!

We did have two great lines. Kessel scoring on one line and Macarthur on the other. But now I think we will have two REALLY solid lines.

I also said we had a great checking line, but Orr and Brown are missing in action....

Yes, Montreal won in overtime. FOR REAL!!!We should beat Florida and regain the lead. If we don't, time to throw out Wilson!

Guest Johnny Bass

All set for the game! They are going with Guigere but truth be told? The Monster has played better. He stole a game for us. Guigere has yet to shine. Hopefully tonight is his night!

Guest Johnny Bass

Well...we did it but it was a hollow victory....Florida outplayed us but we got lucky, on a goal that should have been called goalie interference....When Florida came out of their end, their players are getting in the clear and their passes are on the tape. When the leafs come, they are all covered. That's why they cant get anything going...

They need to hit more. That's when the crowd wakes up. Tim Brent played with the most heart today. And I told my brother, its not over till Kessel scores and I wasn't left disappointed. :clapping:

Bring on the Bruins!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Leafs are 5-2-1 now. Ya, the Orr goal should have been called interference, but then again, I think it's a case of "what goes around comes around" as the Leafs had a win stolen from them by the refs against the Islanders.

Kessel is so FAST! The last man back had 3 steps on him and Kessel smoked him!

And that was after a long shift! Kessel was a great deal! We'll see how those draft picks work out for Boston!

Remember what I said about Kessel before the season started. 40 goal scorer with potential to be 50, if he had the right line mate(s). I hope I didn't jinx him!!

And that was after a long shift! Kessel was a great deal! We'll see how those draft picks work out for Boston!

Remember what I said about Kessel before the season started. 40 goal scorer with potential to be 50, if he had the right line mate(s). I hope I didn't jinx him!!

If my Aunt ____ she`d be my uncle!!!

missing versteeg and armstrong in the lineup is very noticeable. caputi is playing well though. still stings to see how bad u can outplay a team and still be on the wrong side of the scoreboard. and the first goal, there was some karma from the non call on colton orr last game, that was a horrible interference call.

on a side note, i cant wait to see kaberle and grabavski GONE! kaberle has not played well at all this year. his defensive zone play has been horrendous. grabovski... well, he just flat out sucks and has since the leafs picked him up. lebda again continues to disappoint.

Great game tonight eh?

Boston wins, Timmy gets the shutout, Bergeron gets the winner (his 100th), Seguin scores, Ke$$el doesn't and Boston's leading scorer throws Toronto's tough guy captain to the ice like a ragdoll. As good a game as I've seen this year.

Guest Johnny Bass

missing versteeg and armstrong in the lineup is very noticeable. caputi is playing well though. still stings to see how bad u can outplay a team and still be on the wrong side of the scoreboard. and the first goal, there was some karma from the non call on colton orr last game, that was a horrible interference call.

on a side note, i cant wait to see kaberle and grabavski GONE! kaberle has not played well at all this year. his defensive zone play has been horrendous. grabovski... well, he just flat out sucks and has since the leafs picked him up. lebda again continues to disappoint.

We did out play Boston. They just got the lucky breaks. The leafs looked good last night after 3 lackluster performances. They came out swinging right from the gate.Caputi was our best player out there!

The only reason I would give away Kaberle is for a solid forward for Kessel to play with. Grabovski was the worst player on the ice for 2 periods but picked it up in the 3rd. Our defense played great but am still not feeling Phaneuf...Looks like they were working on the power play, so I expect it to get better from here on. We need one timer's just like the Boston goal.The Monster played well.

Gotta love that new Molson Canadian commercial!!

Great game tonight eh?

Boston wins, Timmy gets the shutout, Bergeron gets the winner (his 100th), Seguin scores, Ke$$el doesn't and Boston's leading scorer throws Toronto's tough guy captain to the ice like a ragdoll. As good a game as I've seen this year.

Boston was getting manhandled by the leafs.Although Timmy made some great saves? His defense helped him out the most. What is it with these defensemen blocking leaf shots? Kessel wasn't himself and I think the booos were getting to him. Plus he did get robbed coming in and the ref blew the play dead because he lost sight of the puck.

Edited by Johnny Bass

We did out play Boston. They just got the lucky breaks.

Boston was getting manhandled by the leafs. Kessel wasn't himself and I think the booos were getting to him.

Of course they did....that's why the laffs won..........oh wait.....they didn't....they lost. What's that ,4 losses of the last 5 games???? :clapping::clapping:

Oh poor little Kessel got his feelings hurt eh? boo hoo :w00t:

He better invest in some ear plugs then cause he's going to need them..... :rofl2::rofl2:

I love the fact Seguin scores.....you couldn't have written it better.... :clapping::clapping:

Thank you Kessel,Thank you Kessel,Thank you Kessel :worthy::blahblah1:

http://[media]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-8CKo0mTo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-8CKo0mTo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/media]

Edited by muskymatt

Of course they did....that's why the laffs won..........oh wait.....they didn't....they lost. What's that ,4 losses of the last 5 games???? :clapping::clapping:

Oh poor little Kessel got his feelings hurt eh? boo hoo :w00t:

He better invest in some ear plugs then cause he's going to need them..... :rofl2::rofl2:

I love the fact Seguin scores.....you couldn't have written it better.... :clapping::clapping:

Thank you Kessel,Thank you Kessel,Thank you Kessel :worthy::blahblah1:

Kessel's got 7 goals already this young season so I'd say; "Thank you Boston!"

Guest Johnny Bass

Did the Leafs outplay the Rangers tonight too? :rolleyes:

For sure! Did you see the shot count? The Rangers couldn't even muster much offense. They got one fluke goal on the boyle(of all people that hasn't scored a goal in 4years) shot. Thanks to our defense men pinching and Boyle coming out of the box. And the second goal was a penalty shot.

35 shots on the goalie. 35 shots blocked by the defense men and 19 shots that missed the net.

We had the better scoring chances and we hit a post. We didn't get the lucky breaks. I think the leafs have picked up their game in the last two outings.

Edited by Johnny Bass