Eagle Lake afternoon.

limeyangler

Got out on Eagle Lake this afternoon after chores, swimming lessons with the boy, and finally getting the new friggin' disahwasher level...man was that a job that could piss off a saint!

Anyway, headed out by 2pm and on the lake by 2:30pm. I don’t know why I don’t fish Eagle lake more...its only 15 minutes up the road.

I was going to troll the deeper sections near the landing in search of some big walleye, but the wind picked up even more (around 30kmh) and the rain started so I chickened out and hit a spot on my gps from a few months back which was more sheltered.

Non stop action all afternoon :thumbsup_anim: No big ones....but a bite a cast. The fish were all sitting in small pockets where depth went from 16' to 18"......either side of these 'holes' not much happening.

Vertical jigging was the presentation they were going for, let the jig hit the bottom and just pick up the slack in the line....the fish were scraping their bellies on the bottom...but hitting aggressively...great fun.

Here's the vid..........

WET, WINDY, EAGLE LAKE AFTERNOON.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKb9bGgPeog?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKb9bGgPeog?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKb9bGgPeog?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Those gloves you have are pretty sweet and the knuckleball jigs you are using are my favorite for walleye. They seem to give you that little "edge" over regular jig heads since they stand up on the bottom rather than turn flat.

Looks like you made the best of a windy day!

Thanks for the video.

Terrific video!:clapping:

I appreciate the issues you are having trying to film, fish, and battle the wind all by yourself as I started taking my video camera with me fishing too. Is there a FAQ on the board that tells how to embed a Youtube video?

that looks like a really light rod you're using there?

Its actually pretty heavy action, its a spin combo from walmart (bargain at $39 at Wmart as its a mitchell reel). I'd actually love a lighter one, but i stick to cheopo combos because i am infected with the CLUTZ gene, i have broken over $1000 in rods in my life.

Those gloves you have are pretty sweet and the knuckleball jigs you are using are my favorite for walleye. They seem to give you that little "edge" over regular jig heads since they stand up on the bottom rather than turn flat.

Looks like you made the best of a windy day!

Thanks for the video.

Those gloves are awesome, i saw them 2 years ago but never got them because i thought i had enough gloves plus i did not fish in the fall as much. Then when i wanted them i couldn't find them, i could only find the ones with stoopid magnets that held the thumb and forefinger tips back...the gloves i have have little velcro patches that unlike the magnets actually keep the tips of the fingers securely held back....I found them at Wmart again in April this year on the ice fishing clearout, got them for $5 reduced from around $20 i think!

As for the Knuckle ball jigs...yup...definitely my go to when the fish are on the bottom, also awesome for shore casting. Although i have found that regular jig heads are sometimes better, i think the round jigs give a better swimming action to the bait.

nice eyes simon what a blast its like a fly-in but right next to your house awesome

It was a blast, iI am warming to Eagle lake more and more.

Good shoot'n Simon, you certainly seemed to have them dialed in. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Spiel, great way to spend a couple of hours for sure.

Great report Simon. You really are spoiled up there you know that right :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Joey

I'M NOT SPOILED....I'M NOT....NO...NO...BWAH...BOOOO....HOOOOOO (stamps feet on the ground repeatedly) :whistling:

Terrific video!:clapping:

I appreciate the issues you are having trying to film, fish, and battle the wind all by yourself as I started taking my video camera with me fishing too. Is there a FAQ on the board that tells how to embed a Youtube video?

Hmmmmm....maybe since you're in my area we could solve that problem, get in a boat together and share camera duties? :whistling: I'll shoot you a pm about video uploads.

Hmmmmm....maybe since you're in my area we could solve that problem, get in a boat together and share camera duties? :whistling: I'll shoot you a pm about video uploads.

Thanks! I may be slow responding as I am heading out for the day... to pull the boat up for the year unfortunately :(

Hey Simon, looks like you've got your own piece of tranquility up there! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm curious about your video setup. It looks like you've maybe got a small camera clipped to your hat or headgear or something? :dunno:

Care to share what you're filming with & how you were managing while reeling?

Edited by I'mHooked

do you ever come this way to fish Rainy or any other surrounding lakes?

Is that an invite? :whistling: No...i haven't been down that way yet. Maybe i could interest you in joining the NWO icefishing get together...its whoever can make it with folks from different forums , venue and time still to be determined. Now hurry up and post your pics...lol...no more teases!

Thanks! I may be slow responding as I am heading out for the day... to pull the boat up for the year unfortunately :(

No worries dude...its gonna take me till later to pm you re: videos too....not pulling the boat out....putting it in!

Hey Simon, looks like you've got your own piece of tranquility up there! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm curious about your video setup. It looks like you've maybe got a small camera clipped to your hat or headgear or something? :dunno:

Care to share what you're filming with & how you were managing while reeling?

No tricks at all.....i get asked this alot so i did a video a year ago or so to demonstrate.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid263.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii158%2Fvishuscirquel%2Freelcam.flv">

Nice!! You have no idea I miss the in-laws cottage on LOTW... Not the out-laws, just the cottage and the lake....

I've yet to wet a line in LOTW...maybe this year with my buddy from Kenora icefishing.

Well maybe there is hope for me yet with video! :clapping:

I don't think it could be done much easier then that.

I wouldn't have guessed it was as simple as the way you've shown.

Does it work as well when you've got something 8-15lbs tugging on your rod?

Thanks.

Edited by I'mHooked

Nice job Simon, enjoyed the video.

Got to tell you, if I lived 15 minutes from Eagle Lake, I'd be spending my time going after bigger toothy critters. ;)

I have been out a couple times this year for musky, nothing each time. I was fishing Musky on eagle at that spot just 3 weeks ago, nothing to show again, but that is musky fishing for ya sometimes, and exactly why i dont really like it, in fact even when i'm casting i find it pretty relentlessly boring, guess i wasn't born with the musky hunter gene.