Temagami- what a riot!!!

Dano

Left my place at midnight on Thursday to drive up and meet Wayne at his place. After some transfering of loads and some wrenching on a trailer hitch we hooked my trailer up to his truck and headed north to meet up with Ron and his friends in North Bay at the Hortons. After some coffee, tea and a big gulp of sour milk, we were off to Temagami.

Once in town, we stopped at the local tackle store to get the latest scoop on the fishing and ice conditions. I bought a book on the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve, which has some pretty interesting history on the area as well as Missinaibi.

We drove onto the ice and made our way to Waynes cottage (nice spot bud!) He never did mention the near vertical climb form the water to the cottage, I dubbed it the "new" Chilcoot trail.

med_gallery_42_223_89794.jpg

After we got all the gear in and unpacking, it was time to go fish! Wait, no we had to make some lunch, at least Ron did..... for all of us! He's gonna make someone a fine wife some day, at least it takes the heat off you, huh Emil? Thanks just the same Ron, those wraps were great, the soup topped it all off.

gallery_42_223_108008.jpg

We were soon on our way, out on the big lake.

gallery_42_223_1146.jpg

Its not easy taking a picture while youre driving a snowmobile!

Gentlemen....start your jigging!!!

gallery_42_223_21720.jpg

Here is Wayne with one of his fish, I think this is the one that will be in his belly tonight...

gallery_42_223_76801.jpg

Here is Ron and Keith working a couple of holes.

gallery_42_223_22795.jpg

Here is an end of the day shot, beautiful sky up there...

gallery_42_223_20233.jpg

We had a fish fry courtesy of Ron and some nice Simcoe perch fillets. Here he is giving me the gears about how a plumber would cook the fish...

gallery_42_223_1311.jpg

Here is the meal Wayne and I had on Sunday night, we needed two plates those T-bones were so big!!!

gallery_42_223_39286.jpg

Here is another nice laker caught on Sunday.

gallery_42_223_57641.jpg

My lakers were all caught in about 30' of water on white Exude tube jigs with a Bad Boyz type jig inserted into it. Missed a few fish but it was a great time all around. Wayne, you are a very gracious host and I would like to thank you again for an awesome long weekend. Ron, it was nice to meet you and your crew, great bunch and I look forward to doing it again!

Edited by Dano

Well glad to see you had a good time. i was so upset when i woke up with the flue bug and could not make it. Well next year i'm living in a bubble the week before the trip no flue or cold for this guy next year. Will have you and Wayne down this year for a day/weekend of salmon/trout fishing on the lake.

Lloyd "she" was great! :thumbsup_anim: Sorry you couldn't make it for sure...you missed a riot. Next Year bud..next year!

Dano...nice optical illusion on that stair case shot. Not that steep bud ! LOL

Did I say we had a riot. My full post will be up soon.

Great lot of guys...would recommend fishing with any one of them. Dan, Ron, his nephew Jon and Lloyd's buddy Keith. Now Lloyd...well even though he didn't make it..a great guy as well.

As for the "who's fish" Bull.... :P:P:P:P

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Here he is giving me the gears about how a plumber would cook the fish...

Geez, what a fantastic weekend. Looks like you guys had lots of fun for sure. I've had the pleasure of meeting Keith. And Ron of course. Congrats guys.

Dano. Am I the only one that caught the side message in the above quote?

Ron sure is one heck of a cook. But why does he always imitate a plumber when he's cooking??? :dunno:

This past weekend.

ronsass.jpg

One of the weekends that I fished with him.

Buttcrackus.jpg

I say we should pitch in and buy Ron a belt....

DanC, that is some funny stuff!!! Keith may be joining me at Anglers Kingdom this spring.

Wayne, just when I was putting it all behind me.....

Edited by Dano

Oh sure, pick on that Ron guy! lol

Had a great time Dano.

And for everyone else, Wayne has a guest book that everyone fills out, great idea for you cottage owners. Well in Wayne's book, I signed it and made a small blurb... "Wayne caught a fish! Wayne caught a fish!" Well he did better than I did but can guarantee we all had the same amount of fun and giggles.