Thanksgiving weekend

splashhopper

I'll be fishing in the sturgeon river for walleye and muskies and maybe we'll do some Marten river area Walleye fishing also!

It's fall time ... meaning it's time to get out there when most people are hunting , hardcore anglers like us are fishing the lakes by our selves :) :)

Most people don't know how exciting the fall bite is ! Don't miss it ! Dress warm and get out there!!!!

I am going to visit my folks with my family and fish the lake they are on for any fish with teeth... I might even bring a rod for the visit with my wife's side of the family for some fishing time in Ballsover. That I have to play by ear... :whistling:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Myself and the poster formerly known as troutologist will be chasing Superior Steel this weekend. All of this will coalesce in a massive beer/chicken wing binge once we return to town.

I definitely wanna see Jay and the Doc's report....Splashopper has the right idea too...sleepin' in a van down by the river....dang those were the good'ol days!!!

I will content myself with a bit of smallie action in Minden, and have a 50/50 chance on some night-time shore fishing for eyes as well.

I will content myself with a bit of smallie action in Minden

Johnny. Look up Four Mile lake and see if you want to take a bit of a drive from Minden. I won't be far and I still have my tinny in the water. I'm going up Friday night and my Sat. is open for fishing as we don't have a family thing on Sat. PM me if you want, cheers.

Geoff

A bunch of family will be at Kincardine I'll be stopping in to say hi & getting the boat out for some Bass & Pike action I hope, local Lakes or maybe Baie du Dore if the winds are right, I could see some nice Pike in our future

Richard

I might be near your inlaws with Dutchy on Saturday... chasing the bass and possibly those baby pike you catch there... ;)

The family is "stealing" one last weekend by renting a cottage on Sandy Lake.

This isn't really a fishing trip but the guys will get out every chance possible. We'll probably play on Sandy Lake for awhile but try to get a full day over at Lower Buckhorn.

Any advice is sure welcome as it's a first time for all of us at this location.

Last year we rented in Brit and out of shear luck landed a couple big pike so hopefully luck will return. Snowed on us too..

Saturday

My daughter has a hockey game at 11:45am

My son has a hockey game at 5:10pm and practice at 7pm at his home rink. Should be an interesting evening.

At least I get out of Thanksgiving dinner with the wife's family. :thumbsup_anim:

Sunday and Monday are up in the air.

I'm doing some renovations in the kitchen. I have some smaller jobs to keep me busy until the new counter tops arrive.

I also have to finish the brake job on my truck. Only did the rear.

Going to try and get out bow hunting.

Got some cooked maize left over from my last carp outing so if I get a chance carp is what I may be chasing this weekend...

The latest I've caught any was Oct 05 last year before I retired my carp gear for the season... :Gonefishing:

Well, things could not have turned out better. Was supposed to have the family + the outlaws (son-in-laws family) up to the cottage for a Thanksgiving weekend (= more cooking/entertaining & less fishing) pending the birth of a grandchild which was due Sept. 30th. As it turns out, my daughter is 'past due' and scheduled for induced labour tomorrow morning (meaning the baby should arrive sometime Friday or Saturday). So get this; the 'women-folk' don't want the men (except for son-in-law) hanging around and getting in the way. We recieved our marching orders last night. The men are to retreat to the cottage and stay away until Sunday or Monday. They'll let us know when to come home. Honest to goodness, true story.

So we'll be fishing for pike & walleye. The ladies (& son-in-law) will be fishing for a baby.wink.gif

Edited by PIKESLAYER

Plans just changed. If anyone has a spot, I'd love to get out! I'm located in TO and a die hard fisherman for everything but carp. If not I will probably hit up some rivers and maybe some local pike or brown haunts.