Georgian Bay 50" Musky Slobs with Pics

moemoe

I am by now means a professional musky fisher, so be kind but I managed to get out on Georgian bay are for some late fall fishing, tough conditions weather wise but managed a couple of slobs, 1st fish was 53inches, and 41bs, I did forget the camera in another boat, so the fish did make a short 30 second ride to the dock in my live well, hence the shot on the dock, Was released after a short rest beside the dock, Caught this beauty in approx 4 fow in a weedy bay and Lindy m/g spinner,

41lb musky1 post.jpg

Second fish beneath here was caught on the same spinner in 3 fow off a point with some shallow weeds,

Edited by moemoe

Guest gbfisher

Nice fish Moe Moe...I know you were excited but LIVE WELL??? With a slot fish to boot. :rolleyes: Pushing that type of release isn't going to give you any brownie points.

on a side note..nice to see the airship is being put to good use...

Edited by gbfisher

Nice fish Moe Moe...I know you were excited but LIVE WELL??? With a slot fish to boot. :rolleyes: Pushing that type of release isn't going to give you any brownie points.

on a side note..nice to see the airship is being put to good use...

I knew that would come up....not sure I'd have done differently though....

Tough spot...glad they swam strong. Awesome fish and CONGRATS!!! Has your heart slowed yet????

Edited by ctdd2006

Wow. Awesome job!!!!!

Beauty fish!

I find it annoying that the Musky Release Police always have to chime in some insulting release technique comment. Sometimes it is warranted but c'mon!

(And yes, I use effective in the water release techniques and horizontal holds - so I don't need a lecture too)

good job on the skis bud, hey bill where did u hear about a stringer being used like that, there was an incident this year that i heard of on a lake x where a 50+ was killed because of overhandling /stringer? just curious if you and i r speaking of the same incident.

good job on the skis bud, hey bill where did u hear about a stringer being used like that, there was an incident this year that i heard of on a lake x where a 50+ was killed because of overhandling /stringer? just curious if you and i r speaking of the same incident.

Most likely not, I was just using an example of a bad way to bring the fish back to the dock for a picture :)

I can't believe anyone would string up a 50incher, it's almost laughable.