Georgian Bay 50" Musky Slobs with Pics

moemoe

HMMM.. I've never seen MNR folks electro-shocking muskies. I guess it must be doable. But muskies detect changes in electrical fields and move out of range before the voltage is great enough to make them roll over...unlike most other species. I guess if they were ambushed....

You obviously missed my point about holding your breath.

People lose sight of time in the heat of the action....holding ones breath was just suggested as a way of getting a better idea how long a fish is out of water.

Guest gbfisher

HMMM.. I've never seen MNR folks electro-shocking muskies. I guess it must be doable. But muskies detect changes in electrical fields and move out of range before the voltage is great enough to make them roll over...unlike most other species. I guess if they were ambushed....

People lose sight of time in the heat of the action....holding ones breath was just suggested as a way of getting a better idea how long a fish is out of water.

Not to mention...there's a huge difference between a St Clair Muskie release box and a Mr.Pike livewell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7WMjIXtKU

OMG... I can't believe how some of you guys make it through the day. A musky is a fish, nothing more, nothing less. Some folks have made helpful suggestions; others act like the OP came close to killing their first born!

It's starting to get difficult to tell the "pin" guys from the musky guys... take a deep breathe guys! This nit picking is getting to be too much!

I'm just glad he didn't get it on a marshmellow! :wallbash:

HH

Ps... Terry, your killing me here! LOL

Guest Johnny Bass

You REALLY need to work on your release skills!!!

No, I need a better net! The problem is sometimes the fish goes crazy and the lure and the fish get all tangled in the net! Have yet to lose a fish(knock on wood).

But as I explained, as the Muskys get bigger, their survival chance decreases, so they should be back in the water ASAP.

Roy Ive both electrofished( Do-able in a river situation) them and fyke netted them and then collected measurements and samples. Also angled and tagged them. Witness surgery for radio telemetry. In all situations fish are handled as little as possible and often given a break in holding pens before next measurement is done.

Moemoe Cograts to a great fish and let go alive! Enough said to that.

When I see some of the replies it reminds me of why I don't post very much here. Some people just have too much to say on this board all of the time.

I'm sure that this will be locked down soon enough.

I think a lot of you are missing the main point or you are just ignoring it. > A 53" muskie is an illegal fish on Georgian Bay and and must be released immediately. It is as simple as that.

I can almost guarantee you that if you put a 53" muskie in your livewell and were transporting it to take a picture, then got stopped by the game warden and OPP on Georgian Bay near Severn Sound, you would be charged, no if and or buts.

It doesn't matter how the fish was handled. It is an illegal fish .... bottom line and should not be in the livewell. This post is not meant to bash or rag on MoeMoe who caught a pair of very nice fish and should be proud. It is stating facts.

Tom

Guest gbfisher

I think a lot of you are missing the main point or you are just ignoring it. > A 53" muskie is an illegal fish on Georgian Bay and and must be released immediately. It is as simple as that.

I can almost guarantee you that if you put a 53" muskie in your livewell and were transporting it to take a picture, then got stopped by the game warden and OPP on Georgian Bay near Severn Sound, you would be charged, no if and or buts.

It doesn't matter how the fish was handled. It is an illegal fish .... bottom line and should not be in the livewell. This post is not meant to bash or rag on MoeMoe who caught a pair of very nice fish and should be proud. It is stating facts.

Tom

Thats OK .

..You know it. Moe knows it and I know it as do the ones who understand what is important. The others....well ..ya cant please them all eh. :)

I've said it before. Some things just go all out of wack when there's a lack of understanding in a situation.

No issues. Some will learn a thing or two and some will learn the hard way.

;)

Hi guys don't get to worked about it, I can live with myself about it, and I understand gbfishers and all the others points, and can defineitly take some of that info going forward, for Bob, "lady luck" wasn't there, but it was definetly nice finally getting a bigger fish than her, and I let her know that too!

Guest gbfisher

Hi guys don't get to worked about it, I can live with myself about it, and I understand gbfishers and all the others points, and can defineitly take some of that info going forward, for Bob, "lady luck" wasn't there, but it was definetly nice finally getting a bigger fish than her, and I let her know that too!

:) Let em get it all out Moe.

Winernet will soon be upon us. :w00t: