ADMIN what happend to the gun registry disscussion

chessy

The Harris-Decima survey conducted for The Canadian Press says that both before and after the release of the report, about 52 per cent of respondents said the registry does some good and should be kept.

Facts seemed to be bugging some people.

Edited by scuro2

There was a lot of good info in that thread. A lot of people could have learned from it. There was a lot of solid facts in between the Bull. I think it should have stayed, but been locked. To just delete it is a waste. Why bother wasting my time adding facts to a thread like that, when it just gets deleted?

S.

There was a lot of good info in that thread. A lot of people could have learned from it. There was a lot of solid facts in between the Bull. I think it should have stayed, but been locked. To just delete it is a waste. Why bother wasting my time adding facts to a thread like that, when it just gets deleted?

S.

Political threads don't last long here. While we invite your opinions on every subject, we reserve the right to edit the board to keep it within our guidelines. The rules are clearly posted for all to read.

The Harris-Decima survey conducted for The Canadian Press says that both before and after the release of the report, about 52 per cent of respondents said the registry does some good and should be kept.

Facts seemed to be bugging some people.

yea...and facts are appearently the same as the opinions of misinformed people, you are lost.

S.

Dans right, it was becoming a personal attack thread. But i beleve like you, that it should have been locked, or had the attacks edited out and the facts that you and alot of educated people posted, left in and then locked.

Such is life, wait a few days and start anotherwhistling.gif

Personal attack? Wow, I really should have read that thread. There must have been some good insults thrown around.

Just remember people... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And its rare for everyone to agree. No matter how right you think you are, someone will disagree. But in the end, it doesn't matter what other people think of your opinion. Imagine how boring life would be if we all got along and there was no such thing as opinions?

I'm sure glad I don't have any guns to register.

Actually it had turned into a rip fest far far away from the original posters question. Just like a train wreck you should look away but you don't want to miss the carnage.The other point is if you really want to know the answer to a question about a thread being pulled in the rules #4 it states you should P.M. a mod not start another thread. If you really want to continue it then P.M. the interested parties and go to the chat function.

Art

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

by then end it was just 2 or 3 people tossing insults back and forth...

lots of people have different opinions, but there's no need to disrespect our fellow OFC'ers...

Guest Johnny Bass

DANG! I hate missing out on stuff! It was a pretty good discussion with alot of valid points on both sides.

I agree. It should have been locked and the attacks editted. Very useful information.

Edited by Johnny Bass

The thread took the direction of all the threads on issues like guns or climate change. Initially a few good posts are made but as soon as anyone can make the opposing argument the majority of Cons throw civility out the window. Soon the reasonable people leave the thread and you end up having numerous cons making personal attacks on one or two people. That is because too many cons are certain that they know the issues but all too often they may have little more then a basic understanding of the topic and even that understanding can be faulty. Rather then educating themselves through civil discussion they attempt to "win" the argument the only way they know how. It's really pathetic that they can't use their minds to persuade people and even more pathetic that not one reasonable conservative pleaded for civility.

Edited by scuro2

It's ok to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. Just because you disagree with what I say doesn't mean I'm gonna call you a name. If I were like that I wouldn't have been with the same woman for over twenty years......

But my word is law at home. Everything I say GOES!!!! ............ (right out the window!) Ha Ha

Roger

The other point is if you really want to know the answer to a question about a thread being pulled in the rules #4 it states you should P.M. a mod not start another thread

Did that.Still waiting for a response.

To that I will say, I enjoyed most of the responses and different opinions of others,but the personal attacks are not needed.

The thread took the direction of all the threads on issues like guns or climate change. Initially a few good posts are made but as soon as anyone can make the opposing argument the majority of Cons throw civility out the window. Soon the reasonable people leave the thread and you end up having numerous cons making personal attacks on one or two people. That is because too many cons are certain that they know the issues but all too often they may have little more then a basic understanding of the topic and even that understanding can be faulty. Rather then educating themselves through civil discussion they attempt to "win" the argument the only way they know how. It's really pathetic that they can't use their minds to persuade people and even more pathetic that not one reasonable conservative pleaded for civility.

Scuro, I hope I'm not one of the "cons" you speak of that threw "civility out the window" during our discussion of the issue at hand. That certainly wasn't my intent and I honesty believe that I only argued the points as they were presented with no personal atacks involved. I really wish I could reread te thread to see if my argument didn't come across as intended.

I'm sure if we could all look back, there was certainly more than one "reasonable conservative" that offered a valid point or two.

Guys and gals...none of us have the time to clean up threads that go awry. The issue at hand is neither new or about to be fixed by anyone too soon. Both sides have merit, however we still cannot allow those threads to go on the way they do.

Remember you agreed to all the rules when you signed up here.

It isn't perfect, but it is the best we have