The Leafs!!!

lookinforwalleye

First pre-season game and the fans are booing the team off the ice!

Oh well you can finish low again this year and get a good first round pick...opps sorry Burke traded that pick!!!

Considering most of the regular lineup wasn't playing in the game, I'd say it's a bit early to start the Leaf bashing.

Enjoy your season without Halak...

If (big if) The Leafs make the playoffs Coach Ron Wilson will be a candidate for coach of the year award since

last season - Leafs were 30th place in PK & PP, 29th place in the standings & goals against as well as being in

26th ? in goals scored. Also Toronto & Florida are the only two teams not to make the playoffs since the lock out ended so The Leafs have something to shot for & this team has almost turned it's complete squad over since Burke

arrived except for Kabele,Finger & Grabovski and maybe a couple others.............

Enjoy your season without Halak...

An enormous loss for sure.

- More know-nothing habs fans who never played a game of hockey and think their crappy team is worse talking about. Get more Canadian players then you might go further in the playoffs.

Agreed. :)

If (big if) The Leafs make the playoffs Coach Ron Wilson will be a candidate for coach of the year award since

last season - Leafs were 30th place in PK & PP, 29th place in the standings & goals against as well as being in

26th ? in goals scored. Also Toronto & Florida are the only two teams not to make the playoffs since the lock out ended so The Leafs have something to shot for & this team has almost turned it's complete squad over since Burke

arrived except for Kabele,Finger & Grabovski and maybe a couple others.............

The Leafs will go as far as Giggy and Gusto carry them.

Good article in the Star today. Atleast Quinn admits there is such a thing as "blue and white disease". NO matter how brutal a team, they well always sell out. Although in the article, it SOUNDS like he is trying to repay the fans. Here's hoping.

Sorry.. meant Burke.

Edited by Harrison

Haven't watched an entire Leafs game since Palmateer played net for them. Don't see that changing anytime soon. Living in Oshawa I can go to a Generals games pretty easily...and I find the "O" hockey 100% more entertaining then regular season NHL games.

For the true Blue fans though I would really like to see the Ownership try to put a good product on the ice. They can afford it and the loyal fans definitely deserve it.

Whoever thinks that Toronto had most of its regulars not playing is mad..They played almost everyoen outside of Kessel and Komisarek....Whoop-dee-do! That line-up last night was probably 80% of their 'regulars' so they will indeed suck again this year. Ottawa really didn't play too many players last night so what'll happen when the rest come back to play. Maybe if Toronto over-pays for more players they will do better?

Whoever thinks that Toronto had most of its regulars not playing is mad..They played almost everyoen outside of Kessel and Komisarek....Whoop-dee-do! That line-up last night was probably 80% of their 'regulars' so they will indeed suck again this year. Ottawa really didn't play too many players last night so what'll happen when the rest come back to play. Maybe if Toronto over-pays for more players they will do better?

Players who played in the game that WON'T make the team:

Mike Zigomanis

Matt Lashoff

Brayden Irwin

Marcel Mueller

Joey Crabb

Ryan Hamilton

Simon Gysbers

Jerry D'Amigo

Jay Rosehill

Plus, after letting in two goals Gustavsson was replaced by Jussi Rynnas, who won't be on the team either.

Out of the 20 players dressed, 10 will be playing for the Marlies next year...

Plus, their best player, by far, Kessel wasn't in the lineup...to me, that makes a big difference...

Edited by ADB

It's fall

Time when the leafs fall.

What do you expect from a team who's name is misspelled!!!! LOL

Nope...At this time of year the "leaves" fall.The Toronto Maple Leafs are named after the Maple Leaf regiment from world war one.This would be a noun and "Leafs" would be the plural form.

First pre-season game and the fans are booing the team off the ice!

Oh well you can finish low again this year and get a good first round pick...opps sorry Burke traded that pick!!!

As always if you want the latest Leaf news ask a habs fan.You spend more time watching the Leafs waiting for them to fail than actually watching the habs play.Yes Burke traded away that pick and what did he get in return..Phil Kessel.Hows Gomez workin out for ya??

If you actually think pre season is a good judge of a team you really need to spend more time watching the Leafs..err sorry I mean the habs.

As I recall the habs basically played a few more games than the Leafs and neither ended up with the cup soooo not really something to get excited about.

Just curious why post a Leafs jab in a fishing forum???Kind of like asking what is better for muddy water bass fishing,colorado or willow leaf over at the habs forum.

Players who played in the game that WON'T make the team:

Mike Zigomanis

Matt Lashoff

Brayden Irwin

Marcel Mueller

Joey Crabb

Ryan Hamilton

Simon Gysbers

Jerry D'Amigo

Jay Rosehill

Plus, after letting in two goals Gustavsson was replaced by Jussi Rynnas, who won't be on the team either.

Out of the 20 players dressed, 10 will be playing for the Marlies next year...

Plus, their best player, by far, Kessel wasn't in the lineup...to me, that makes a big difference...

you forgot to add Kadri to that list,the kid is not even close to playing in the NHL,it might be to early yet to say bust but I do see a little Alexander Daigle in him

you forgot to add Kadri to that list,the kid is not even close to playing in the NHL,it might be to early yet to say bust but I do see a little Alexander Daigle in him

I agree that he'll probably start with the Marlies and come up when there's an injury.

I didn't mention it because I didn't want to start more arguing lol. ;)