Finally got out fishing

tjsa

Well, after a long spell of working evenings, weekends, then some catching up to do on other stuff, finally got out for the last weekend of lake trout in our area.

Went to a small lake, which has small lakers, but great to eat. Got there and set up by 9:30 am(we left at 6:30 am). First half hour, nuttin, then my bud gets a hit, drags it up a few ft., and its gone, drops back down right away, and bam, first fish around 10:05 am

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

He then gets another on, but lost it at the

hole. A short time later, he misses another one. He is using a white tube jig with a minnow, I am running a bare white tube. Hmmmm, time to put some meat on it.

Within 2 minutes, I got my first one,

IMG_1253.JPG

then shortly after that, my bud completes his limit.

IMG_1255.JPG

I then hooked into my second, but decided to let it live, and released it right under the edge of the hole :whistling ( read, lost it). He landed one more (released) while impatiently waiting for me to land my 2nd one :lol:

Took me another 20 minutes to finish my limit at 11 am.

(OOPS, Seems I have run out of file space, sorry) pic of it is on our team board.

We did not have a hit on the set lines. Then we packed up and went back to the truck, loaded up, and drove 20 km back down the road to a walleye lake. Got unloaded, ran in, and set up within 30 min.

Within 10 min. my bud lands a 10 inch walleye, but that was it for them. But he did have a blast with the perch, I was jigging with minnows, he was using worms, and finally after toughing it out for an hour, I borrowed a couple worms off him, and managed to land 6, kept 2, lost or missed about 10, to his 20 or so caught, keeping 8, and missing probably 15 more.

Then, the pressure changed, wind came up, and everything shut down fast. We each had one nibble for the next hour and a bit, so called it a day and drove home.

BTW, the trout were all 18-19.5 inches long, beautiful orange flesh.

The perch we kept were in the 8.5 to 10 inch range. Not jumbos, but big enough to make a meal of.

And, that was probably my first, and last, ride on my snowmobile this year, there is almost no snow left in the bush. And with the high temps this week, gonna be running my quad next weekend. Doubt there will be any snow left on the bush roads, or ice for that matter by next weekend. Still have to wash the mud off of my snowmobile from yesterday, hoping the rain and wet snow tonight will do the job for me l :clapping: :clapping:

Awesome!! Glad to see you got out again and had some success! I dont like winter fishing that much, but I just cant stay away for that long until spring. I'm sure we'll be seeing TONS of reports from you once the softwater comes back!

OHHH, MAN, I hope so Cliff.