First time poster...

SholtC

Hey all! Just wanted to say hi and a thanks for letting me join this great online community. Looks like there are a bunch of great people here and look forward to getting to know one another.

Just thought I'd share a PB smallie from this passed weekend. Spent most of Saturday and Sunday walking the Maitland throwing spinners upstream and "jigging" gulp minnows down. Had quite a few smallie's in the 8-12" range a few small (6") bows and then fishing off a beaver hut hammered this 17" smallie (again, a personal best) all while using my ultralight gear! Great fight and wrapped itself around a bunch of the branches of the hut...but managed to eventually land it! I was ecstatic! lol

Anyways, here's the pics!

img00022201009051351.th.jpg

img00021201009051351.th.jpg

img00020201009051351.th.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I was raised in Wingham, and fished the maitland every day in the summer time as a child. My PB smallie is from the Maitland too :thumbsup_anim: . Right at the dam by Wescast..

Welcome eh!

Edited by F-is-H

Thanks for all the warm welcomes...as I grow a little more comfortable, I'll be sure to post more often...hopefully with pics John;) After reading through thread after thread, noticing all the great people...I can't imagine me not liking my stay! Thanks again.

As for living in Wroxeter...yep...the mighty (muddy as the damn has been out all summer for repairs(which STILL haven't started)) Maitland is 2 blocks from home. I love being able to walk down to the damn and fish out a smallie or two, minutes from the house. Also nice when the trout start to run in the spring...the whole area is a hotbed for 'em.

F-is-H it's funny you mention the dam by Westcast, I was just eying it up on Sunday morning when I was through Wingham...thinking about walking that stretch from the dam out to the highway and see what I can turn up.

F-is-H it's funny you mention the dam by Westcast, I was just eying it up on Sunday morning when I was through Wingham...thinking about walking that stretch from the dam out to the highway and see what I can turn up.

Throw a canoe in at the golf coarse, and fish down river into Wingham / Lowertown. All sorts a fun!

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! :thumbsup_anim: A great indication of the "crew" here and I look forward to spending more time here.

F-is-H - thanks for the heads up...think I might hit that run on Sunday if we don't play ball too late. I'll be sure to post pics if I do!