Where did all the perch go on Lake Erie

Billy Bob

How do the fish get latched on to the net?

They are GILL NETS.....the fish don't see them and swim into them head first and can't back out because their gills flare open and the netting gets behind the gill plates. Anything usually caught in gill nets are as good as dead.

And yes I thought I seen one small walleye plus one white perch in that catch.

Bob

They are GILL NETS.....the fish don't see them and swim into them head first and can't back out because their gills flare open and the netting gets behind the gill plates. Anything usually caught in gill nets are as good as dead.

And yes I thought I seen one small walleye plus one white perch in that catch.

Bob

ok..I have to use thin line and fluorocarbon line so fish will not be spooked but fish don't see the net..how the heck does that happen...LOL

Watch it carefully, there's got to be a small walleye in there somewhere. :)

Believe this was posted here before, lots of eyes here. Can't hardly believe they can fish with a gill net and be so selective. We get lots of sheephead when angling :wallbash:

Think there's a lot more to professional commercial fishing than the average angler thinks.

I've fished Erie now for over 50 years, its as good or better than it's ever been, 70's were really a bust, lot of people thought it would never recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3mTKSiyx0&feature=related

Believe this was posted here before, lots of eyes here. Can't hardly believe they can fish with a gill net and be so selective. We get lots of sheephead when angling :wallbash:

Think there's a lot more to professional commercial fishing than the average angler thinks.

I've fished Erie now for over 50 years, its as good or better than it's ever been, 70's were really a bust, lot of people thought it would never recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3mTKSiyx0&feature=related

I see SRT has seen it lol

Dang... i didn't even notice that... I wonder if Dutchy saw the warning label :dunno:

I think he did splashhopper and that's why he went 3 to your 1... :whistling:

PS, I see a dreaded white bucket of death in these pic's too... oh the horror... :whistling::rolleyes::sarcasm:

Edited by GBW

Many of those who smoke are afraid to eat salmon from Lake Ontario.. :wallbash:

Um Billy Bob. I smoke and if you ever catch a lake O salmon and do not plan on eating it msg me. it can go right in to my meat smoker...

Um Billy Bob. I smoke and if you ever catch a lake O salmon and do not plan on eating it msg me. it can go right in to my meat smoker...

Misunderstanding here I believe. I meant cigs not smoked fish. And I don't hesitate to eat fish from Lake Ontario, smoked or otherwise. As far as cigs, I pray for those who have trouble stopping and for those who that just started.