Discounted Trip To The Attawapiskat

solopaddler

Eddie's first year in business has been a huge success largely due to the bookings and support from the OFC community.

After talking to him recently he would like to give something back and has extended what I think is a pretty generous offer.

He has an open week available for up to 6 people on Sept 4-11.

This week sits squarely in between his last fishing party and his preparations for the fall hunt.

He's offering a full week at his camp for up to 6 people for $650 Canadian dollars tax in. Regular price is $1500.

If anyone has been contemplating a trip up there this may be a golden opportunity.

Obviously a group of 6 would be great but he'll book smaller groups together as well.

I believe there's now two kitchens so groups that don't know each can be autonomous if they wish.

It's prime time as well. I went the same time last Sept and had a fantastic trip....lots of trophy pike.

He's currently at the camp and somewhat hard to reach so I'll be handling this for him, including procuring deposits of $200 per man.

If anyone is interested contact me directly at [email protected]

You can view Eddie's website here:

http://eddienorth.com/index.html

Cheers, Mike

Edited by solopaddler

Very generous offer indeed. I wish I could make it but like the posts before me, I just cant make it work....because of work!

Whoever goes though I am sure wont be dissapointed.

I think that part of the deal with the discount should be that there is a mandatory report posted afterwards. What do you think?

I need to get my fix somehow. Fishing has been few and FAR between this summer for me.

Very generous offer indeed. I wish I could make it but like the posts before me, I just cant make it work....because of work!

Whoever goes though I am sure wont be dissapointed.

I think that part of the deal with the discount should be that there is a mandatory report posted afterwards. What do you think?

I need to get my fix somehow. Fishing has been few and FAR between this summer for me.

Don't worry buddy there'll be other opportunities.

As you mentioned fall steelheading is just around the corner as well. :)

well I do maintenance for a school board and the first week of school ,people always find lots of problems for me to fix, so they do not allow vacation that week......

I don't think people here know just how good of a deal that is..it should be gone by now

This SUCKS....im on moose hunt the week after this. As most have already said :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hope some people jump on this! Great offer...and kudos for eddie to extending this.

Edited by anders

Guest Johnny Bass

What a deal! Even I would have jumped on this chance! Unfortunately I have 2 surgeries and wont be healed till the end of October......

If anyone has been dreaming of a fly in, this is the perfect opportunity to make your dreams come true!

Looking to convince my fishin buddies of a trip there next year. My boss has me tied to the whipping post through to the 11th of Sept as we have a 3 day Canadian trade show starting on Saturday. Maybe easy to go but I'd have to look for a new job when coming back.

I'm hoping to book for next summer if my guys will committ

If I wasn't going to be heading to Alaska for 5 weeks starting on the 4th. :whistling:

1/2 price on this trip is amazing. you can't do anything for a week at that price and this is a fishing trip.

I've been in AK for a little over 2 weeks working on this year's grand slam. 2 done, 3 to go. :D Gonna try getting one in Cordova this year.

1/2 price on this trip is amazing. you can't do anything for a week at that price and this is a fishing trip.

I've been in AK for a little over 2 weeks working on this year's grand slam. 2 done, 3 to go. :D Gonna try getting one in Cordova this year.

I'll be hunting Lakers, Bows, Dollys, Silvers, Steelhead, Halibut and Crab.

I'll probably hook too many reds and pinks too.

Nothing worse than hooking them off species when your in the thick of good bow fishing. :wallbash:

Fishing for them now would be a different story, but when they are in spawning mode and all beat up they're just a pain.

You've been there for 2 weeks and only managed 2 of the 5?

A couple of the guys on the Alaskan fishing board I'm a member of got their slams last weekend. :whistling:

I'll be hunting Lakers, Bows, Dollys, Silvers, Steelhead, Halibut and Crab.

I'll probably hook too many reds and pinks too.

Nothing worse than hooking them off species when your in the thick of good bow fishing. :wallbash:

Fishing for them now would be a different story, but when they are in spawning mode and all beat up they're just a pain.

You've been there for 2 weeks and only managed 2 of the 5?

A couple of the guys on the Alaskan fishing board I'm a member of got their slams last weekend. :whistling:

I'm still here for another 5 weeks so I'm taking my time but I know a few people who chase the grand slam too. It sounds like crazy fun but i doubt i'll ever do it that way. I visit friends around the state while i'm at it so that really slows things down. I have the red caught and some eaten so it's 3 now. My red is still fairly bright. :D Only the king and dog left, two of the best fighters. I remember last year (or was it the year before?), we were about 50-60 miles apart. I think you and Solo were getting into Cooper Landing or somewhere in upper Kenai and I was in Girdwood on my way out and heading northeast, well, west first to get around the mountains :D . so close and yet so far.

I opened an emailed photo of a 363 lb halibut that an acquaintance pulled this weekend. I don't know if he entered the derby yet but if he did, they might as well write out that cheque now. geez, that's twice my biggest but then I don't chase those trophies either. The big ones are not the best eaters.

Edited by j ace

I have been dreaming of doing this trip after reading your trip logs. I tried to arrange something this year , however couldn't get any commitment from my buddys Unfortunately I have no holidays left either. If there will be any groups going next year that need an extra fella please keep me in mind. Thanks Solo.

I did this trip the first week of July and I want to go again. Solo says there are two of us interested. We could put together a group for this week so don't hesitate if you are an individual or a pair. This really is the opportunity of a lifetime for a fly-in trip with HUGE pike and endless walleye at an unbeatable price. PM me if you want more info. I've attached my biggest pike from Attawapiskat.

July 9 Pike JS 37 inches web.jpg