Discounted Trip To The Attawapiskat

solopaddler

Me too!!! The wife has given me her blessing, she has wanted to send me on one of these trips for a few years now, and what an opportunity this would be. Our baby boy is not due till November, so all good on that front, just working on the boss right now... first week of school is usually pretty hectic at my work.

The $650 is for the lodging & air costs I am assuming? What else should I budget for? Fuel for the drive up, food & drink costs, what else? I have never done one of these before...

Me too!!! The wife has given me her blessing, she has wanted to send me on one of these trips for a few years now, and what an opportunity this would be. Our baby boy is not due till November, so all good on that front, just working on the boss right now... first week of school is usually pretty hectic at my work.

The $650 is for the lodging & air costs I am assuming? What else should I budget for? Fuel for the drive up, food & drink costs, what else? I have never done one of these before...

You need to budget for fuel to get you there plus food and drink.

Just get yourself to Nakina, pack your fishing gear, some clothes and food and off you go.

Included is return airfare from Nakina to the camp and back.

Fully equiped camp which includes 2 full kitchens (you don't need to bring a thing), hot and cold running water includig shower, 16' Lund boats with new 15 horse 4 strokes plus unlimited boat gas.

The website goes into great detail explaining what is and isn't provided. If you havn't checked it out yet you should:

http://eddienorth.com/

Still not a single person has taken advantage of this deal.

Lots of interest but no one has firmed anything up.

I'll be around the computer all of today then I leave for my camp in QC for 9 days.

As mentioned in my original post interested parties can contact me on my cel from Aug 13-21 at 289-440-1636 (preferably in the evenings).

Thanks, Mike

Just a quick update. Josh (bluesky1713 on the board) has booked a trip for himself and a friend.

Congrat's to you bud, you'll have a fantastic time. :)

THERE ARE NOW A TOTAL OF FOUR SPOTS LEFT.

If you're on the fence you'd best make up your mind soon.

As mentioned I'm leaving tomorrow for 9 days at my camp in Quebec.

I'm off the grid so the only way to reach me is on my cel.

If you're interested in going call me at 289-440-1636 in the evenings.

If for whatever reason you don't reach me keep trying. I could be out fishing and out of cel range.

As the last 4 spots are filled Spiel will update the post for me.

Thanks everyone.

When I saw this post I told my son about it and he was just about running for our tackle, as we had a fantastic time at Eddie's in July, 3-10.

With tear in my eyes I have to say that if the situation was different I would be all over this, this really is a fantastic offer by Eddie, just one more example of what kind of great guy he is and that is why we will be going back next summer.

I have not posted our trip report yet just to much going on but it will be up soon, it was just what we expected x 10, Eddie, you have set the bar quite high. :thumbsup_anim:

If you are sitting on the fence about going do not think twice, I can not belive that only 2 have taken Eddie up on this unbeliveble offer by Eddie. :thumbsup_anim:

Eddie, I will send the pics up to you soon,

the trip was amazing Julian and I cant wait.

FLEX

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from my 7 day fly-in fishing trip to the Attawapiskat River. It was cold and rainy on 5 of the days and windy every day. The pike fishing was tough, but the walleye cooperated and were tasty.

I landed pike of 39", 41" and 45" and the other 3 guys landed pike of 40", 42", 43.5" and 45". I've attached a pic of my biggest that was caught on a Five of Diamonds with a chartreuse gulp tail.

Sept 8 2010 45 inch pike web.jpg

Just got back from my 7 day fly-in fishing trip to the Attawapiskat River. It was cold and rainy on 5 of the days and windy every day. The pike fishing was tough, but the walleye cooperated and were tasty.

I landed pike of 39", 41" and 45" and the other 3 guys landed pike of 40", 42", 43.5" and 45". I've attached a pic of my biggest that was caught on a Five of Diamonds with a chartreuse gulp tail.

Well done considering the adverse weather you faced!

Have to say this probably deserved it's own post.

Cheers